The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

57 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Grandy clears waivers....

Probably won't be able to get much for him, but I could see contending teams having a use for a left handed bat with power, especially one who can lead off and draws a lot of walks.

Too bad the acquired Grandy about 10 years too late. He is still useful but in a bench role as you said.

I'm liking what I see from Jansen behind the plate so far....

He's got some learning to do about calling pitches and framing, but he looks to have all the tools. Let Martin walk next year and let Maile and Jansen platoon. Maybe sign a backup as insurance....

40 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He's got some learning to do about calling pitches and framing, but he looks to have all the tools. Let Martin walk next year and let Maile and Jansen platoon. Maybe sign a backup as insurance....

I'm actually a lot more interested lately thanks to actually seeing some new fresh players around this team. It feels like the previous regimes knew absolutely nothing about building a team by starting with a strong prospect pool. It's the only way to compete in this division. Every year the Yankees and BoSox seem to bring young studs from the farm into their lineup that only make them better. It's time for the Jays to follow suit if they ever want to compete with the heavies again.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

martin has a contract with the jays for the 2019 season that will pay him 20 million

i think that team would prefer he plays and earns his pay

rather then simply have him walk and pay him anyway

Edited by coastal.view

19 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

martin has a contract with the jays for the 2019 season that will pay him 20 million

i think that team would prefer he plays and earns his pay

rather then simply have him walk and pay him anyway

I love Martin as a mentor too.  Can't think of a better person for Jansen ( and all the other young pitchers) to learn from.  I'm fine with him getting whatever starts behind the plate that Jansen doesn't do or filling elsewhere in a utility roll.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Pannone with a no-hitter after 6 inning in his first major league start but up to 88 pitches.  Do you leave him in much past 100?

I don't think you can justify pulling someone in the middle of a no-hitter. Just have someone ready for when/if a hit comes and yank him then. the 100 pitch thing is nonsense anyways.

19 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

At least Morales has a chance at some history, he has it for being a switch hitter now, but a chance to tie Ken Griffey Jr. tomorrow, at least something to look forward too.

I was thinking this yesterday. Right now the HR streak by Morales is the only thing we have to look forward to. Gotta like the fact that they're playing the O's tonight and they'll be facing a righty with an ERA of 5.50....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was thinking this yesterday. Right now the HR streak by Morales is the only thing we have to look forward to. Gotta like the fact that they're playing the O's tonight and they'll be facing a righty with an ERA of 5.50....

Wow good call on those odds that's good to know! Hopefully he pulls it off I'm rooting for him.