The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Gotta say, that catch by Pinder was Kevin Pillar-esque......(still not convinced it was going out either. Looked like it was going to be a double off the wall)

Game of inches though. Pinder missed a homer by about a foot in the top of nine.

Also somewhat lost in the Vlady hype was the textbook sacrifice laid down by Billy McKinney in the 9th. I recall Buck saying something along the lines of the Jays have already compiled more sacrifices than they did all last year.

I was a Gibby supporter for the most part, but one of the things that drove me absolutely nuts about him was the refusal to bunt.......ever. You don't have to play small ball, but even a team built around the three run homer will come up with at least a dozen situations where a well executed sacrifice can mean the difference between winning and losing. I believe the Jays left at least a few wins on the board because of Gibby's reluctance to move runners over when the situation dictated.

I'm already a fan of Montoyo's openness to manufacturing runs. (Although I'll admit he doesn't have the power lineup that Gibby had)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Also somewhat lost in the Vlady hype was the textbook sacrifice laid down by Billy McKinney in the 9th. I recall Buck saying something along the lines of the Jays have already compiled more sacrifices than they did all last year.

I was a Gibby supporter for the most part, but one of the things that drove me absolutely nuts about him was the refusal to bunt.......ever. You don't have to play small ball, but even a team built around the three run homer will come up with at least a dozen situations where a well executed sacrifice can mean the difference between winning and losing. I believe the Jays left at least a few wins on the board because of Gibby's reluctance to move runners over when the situation dictated.

I'm already a fan of Montoyo's openness to manufacturing runs. (Although I'll admit he doesn't have the power lineup that Gibby had)

That's funny that you bring this up, when that happened yesterday my reaction was "Perfect Play" that's how it's done, thank god Gibbons isn't here anymore because that wouldn't of happened, glad to have a coach who has small ball mentality, last night was a perfect example of it.

Also yesterday a lot of people complaining about the hype of Vlad, not here but around baseball, and were frustrated by the amount of coverage he was getting I guess, and yes it was a lot but maybe those people should be getting upset with the Jays and Management for holding Vlad down so long and manipulating his service time. It created that much hype because they left him down there for so long and were to stubborn to bring him up, so when it finally happened of course people are going to be happy and excited they've been waiting for over a year, I just think some of the people who were upset with the hype instead of getting upset with the media or people get upset at the Jays for prolonging Vlads call up.

32 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Out of all the leagues, replay has ruined baseball the most. I absolutely despise what the MLB has done. 

Meh, I'd have to disagree with that statement, hockey imo has ruined it way more, but I get the frustration with replay, but I'm also all about making the right call as well, so double standard for me but I'm okay with the replay if its making the right call.