The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

bases loaded with only 1 out in extras and you can't score the run.  That's going to come back and bite them.  Gotta knock the Red Sox out when they're down.

Yup they blew their opportunity there, but at the same time made a nice comeback to push it to extra innings, basically oh well nice try lol.

23 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup they blew their opportunity there, but at the same time made a nice comeback to push it to extra innings, basically oh well nice try lol.

I get the feeling that will, more or less, sum up the season.

Not that you can expect much less with a group this young.

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

Not sure why they released Revere? I mean he couldn’t be any worse than McKinney at the moment and he has pretty decent numbers in Buffalo.

I was so upset I didn't even want to post it lol, he was hitting around .280 ish but he was basically told he won't ever be called up and they gave him the opportunity here to help him get an opportunity somewhere else... As you mentioned McKinney the guy is horrible at reading balls in the outfield, he's made a bunch of mistakes in the outfield to the point he should be sent down imo, just like Gurriel Jr was for his throwing mistakes, but McKinney can make mistake after mistake but stay up.... Yup not happy they released Revere lol.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I was so upset I didn't even want to post it lol, he was hitting around .280 ish but he was basically told he won't ever be called up and they gave him the opportunity here to help him get an opportunity somewhere else... As you mentioned McKinney the guy is horrible at reading balls in the outfield, he's made a bunch of mistakes in the outfield to the point he should be sent down imo, just like Gurriel Jr was for his throwing mistakes, but McKinney can make mistake after mistake but stay up.... Yup not happy they released Revere lol.

It almost seems the current management group pathological has to cut all the ties from the previous management group.  I get it, they're rebuilding, but doesn't mean you can't keep an important piece from the previous administration (thinking more of Stroman and Sanchez)

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It almost seems the current management group pathological has to cut all the ties from the previous management group.  I get it, they're rebuilding, but doesn't mean you can't keep an important piece from the previous administration (thinking more of Stroman and Sanchez)

I actually used to be on board to keep one of those 2 actually Sanchez, but changed my mind on him. I think because they're rebuilding you do have to trade them and take what you can get while they're still young and have some value, because it's a gamble now a days holding on to them going forward especially with injuries pitchers get now a days. And who knows if this team does get to the level to compete in 2 years, I'm hoping they do, but it's also a possibility they will need more time and hanging on to those pitchers could be a waste. 

31 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Wasn’t he?

Maybe I'll have to look into it to really find out, if he was and he did come back up and is still making those mistakes then he should be down for the whole year then imo, that's brutal, but again I'll have to double check.

Edit:

I see what you mean now he was sent down yesterday, good.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Just read that Bill Buckner has passed away at age 69....

The guy got a bad rap because of one error, but people forget that his teammates had already blown a 2 run lead, with 2 out and nobody on. He also had over 2700 hits and almost 1300 RBI in a 22 year career.

Great player.

RIP Bill...

• Upvote 2