The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

40 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A sign, I'm sure, of how not well Alford is doing.

No I don't think that's the reasoning, basically another depth option to have in the OF and maybe a Brito replacement if Ben plays well, but their eyes are still focused more on Alford and if he starts playing well down there he will be the Brito replacement instead.

I'm not happy with Sanchez's comments throwing his team under like that, not sure if it's just frustration of not getting a win or the possibility of being traded since he is one of them on the list, but this coming from someone who couldn't pitch because of a blister on his precious finger and didn't man up instead, sorry but not sorry hope the door hits you on the way out.

18 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm not happy with Sanchez's comments throwing his team under like that, not sure if it's just frustration of not getting a win or the possibility of being traded since he is one of them on the list, but this coming from someone who couldn't pitch because of a blister on his precious finger and didn't man up instead, sorry but not sorry hope the door hits you on the way out.

Alan Hanson (one of the guys who Sanchez was criticizing) has been DFA'd by the Jays. 

TBH, I thought he was a bit of a wasted roster spot, with Brito and McKinney also in the fold. Might as well bring Lourdes back, once the pitching situation has sorted itself out.

Jays got a terrific pitching performance from Trent Thornton last night, but needed an error from the Rangers to win in the 12th. (What is it with the Rangers throwing away games against the Jays? :blink:) The bad news is, it looks like were starting to see the same types of ABs we see in the first month of the season.

Vladdy is really struggling. You can tell he's trying to live up to the hype, but he's trying way too hard. Since the call-up he's been channeling his inner Kevin Pillar and swinging at pitches nowhere near the strike zone.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Alan Hanson (one of the guys who Sanchez was criticizing) has been DFA'd by the Jays. 

TBH, I thought he was a bit of a wasted roster spot, with Brito and McKinney also in the fold. Might as well bring Lourdes back, once the pitching situation has sorted itself out.

Jays got a terrific pitching performance from Trent Thornton last night, but needed an error from the Rangers to win in the 12th. (What is it with the Rangers throwing away games against the Jays? :blink:) The bad news is, it looks like were starting to see the same types of ABs we see in the first month of the season.

Vladdy is really struggling. You can tell he's trying to live up to the hype, but he's trying way too hard. Since the call-up he's been channeling his inner Kevin Pillar and swinging at pitches nowhere near the strike zone.

Talking with family in the “Big Smoke” and they just love Vladdy.  They go to games, and say he’s like a giant teddy bear.  He’s especially great with the little kids, who just adore him.  He will start to hit the ball.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Talking with family in the “Big Smoke” and they just love Vladdy.  They go to games, and say he’s like a giant teddy bear.  He’s especially great with the little kids, who just adore him.  He will start to hit the ball.  

For sure....When the Jays were in LA, Shulman and Martinez were mentioning how Mike Trout also struggled after his first call-up. I think it's pretty common with these "can't miss" prospects. They think they should be going yard all the time and when it doesn't happen right away, they start to press.

Eventually, Vladdy will walk into one and wonder why he was trying so hard before. 

• Upvote 1