The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sounds like Cole was very complimentary of Vladdy.  High praise from a great pitcher.

Two of the hits were just ridiculous....

The second homer was 6 inches inside and 98 MPH......Marcus Stroman tweeted that nobody should be able to hit that pitch at all, let alone for a 427 ft homer....

Here's a stat I found online:

Since 2010, right-handed MLB hitters have collectively seen 2,307 fastballs at 98-mph or harder that ended up middle-in and off the plate, like the one Cole threw Guerrero. Not a single one had been hit for a home run until Wednesday. Not a single one.

...and as impressive as that was, the double was equally so, IMO. Again with Gerritt Cole velocity....low and away....what most pitchers would call a perfect pitch and it ends up in the right field corner for a double. All Cole could do was give Vladdy a "what am I supposed to do?" tip of the cap....

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

All Cole could do was give Vladdy a "what am I supposed to do?" tip of the cap..

Like one of Manoah's Yankee games last year- batters leaving the box, shaking their heads, arms in the air-yet kind of laughing because it was just such an unbelievable pitch.

Vladdy is beggining to look like a contender for best ever hitter, might even break .400 one of these years.

Interesting to note that Vlad has said he'll try for the triple crown-in order to get at least one first place vote for MVP

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Like one of Manoah's Yankee games last year- batters leaving the box, shaking their heads, arms in the air-yet kind of laughing because it was just such an unbelievable pitch.

Vladdy is beggining to look like a contender for best ever hitter, might even break .400 one of these years.

Interesting to note that Vlad has said he'll try for the triple crown-in order to get at least one first place vote for MVP

Yeah, Ohtani deserved to win the MVP last year, but Vladdy was stung by the fact that he didn't get a single 1st place vote...and rightfully so, IMHO....

• Cheers 1

I don’t usually complain about the umps/refs in sports, but that was really, really bad officiating. Can’t wait to see the Umps’ score card tomorrow and how much +runs Oakland got out of this game,