The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

11 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Tampa lost, so as John puts it, “no harm no foul”

The team that's happiest today are the Mariners, who took care of business while all the other teams in the WC race lost....

To put Bounce's point above into perspective, Toronto, Tampa, Seattle and Baltimore are all 4-6 in their last 10 games. It's almost as if everyone wants that 3rd seed....

• Vintage 1

Strange how many 'double' mistakes are happening.

Vladdy admires a ball, thinks homer- oops no homer, THEN doesn't stop at first, so gets thrown out at second- a double mistake.

-And why all this watching the shot anyway?- Just run your ass towards first-then look for the ball. If it was going out, you can still see it leave while getting to first.

Climber- throws away the ball THEN doesn't cover home plate. another double mistake.

This stuff must be cleaned up- or this team won't go more than 1 round deep.

Also, for the life of me, I can't fathom the strategy against Judge by Mayza....

All series long, Jays' pitchers have refused to give in to AJ, in effect challenging to swing at borderline pitches. or take the walk....and then last night, Mayza throws a full count fastball right down the middle....

What changed? Yes, a walk would have set up first and second with nobody out, but you have Josh Donaldson on deck, who's hitting almost a buck under what Judge is, to say nothing about the difference in production...

Just baffling.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Strange how many 'double' mistakes are happening.

Vladdy admires a ball, thinks homer- oops no homer, THEN doesn't stop at first, so gets thrown out at second- a double mistake.

-And why all this watching the shot anyway?- Just run your ass towards first-then look for the ball. If it was going out, you can still see it leave while getting to first.

Climber- throws away the ball THEN doesn't cover home plate. another double mistake.

This stuff must be cleaned up- or this team won't go more than 1 round deep.

I was thinking that at the time. The 8th run definitely would not have scored, had he covered home as soon as he threw that one wide...

• Upvote 1

I’m not really sure who I want the Jays to play.

The Mariners don’t have an elite ace like the Rays, but their rotation is deeper with Castillo, Gilbert, and Ray (who probably gets vaccinated, if they play in Toronto). Their lineup is kind of meh, aside from J-Rod, France, and to a lesser extent Suarez. They hit a lot more long balls than the Rays, but a lot less extra base hits.

The Rays have a legit Cy Young candidate, but a weaker rotation. While their lineup doesn’t hit the long ball, they scraps for runs with extra base hits, walks, and by playing small ball.

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

I’m not really sure who I want the Jays to play.

The Mariners don’t have an elite ace like the Rays, but their rotation is deeper with Castillo, Gilbert, and Ray (who probably gets vaccinated, if they play in Toronto). Their lineup is kind of meh, aside from J-Rod, France, and to a lesser extent Suarez. They hit a lot more long balls than the Rays, but a lot less extra base hits.

The Rays have a legit Cy Young candidate, but a weaker rotation. While their lineup doesn’t hit the long ball, they scraps for runs with extra base hits, walks, and by playing small ball.

I was in the same boat, so I just decided to stop hoping for a match up and instead hope the Jays go into the postseason playing their best...

As far as Ray goes, I could be wrong, but I thought I saw somewhere that the vaccine requirement had been lifted....:unsure: