The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Noice win.

So question: next year, Revere in LF or Saunders? I think Revere has proved he deserves to be here. Excellent player.

I'd go with Revere. Not sure what the price difference is between the two players. Just really hope Rogers notices the packed stadium since the trades and allows AA to keep as much of this team together as possible.

It is nice to see the Jays clinch a playoff berth. A very very long time coming. I did not start following baseball and the team until the mid 1990's. Over the years, I have seen more than my fair share of disappointments and frustration. There were many times when I honestly felt this team would never make the playoffs. They were always a team that was a bit better than .500 or below, but were never bad enough to finish at the bottom of the standings. If they played in any other division other than the ALE, they would have had at least a few playoff appearances by now. Every season until this year, the Jays never had all of the pieces clicking together at the same time. I remember many seasons where the team had a deadly offense, but the pitching was not very good. Other years, they had strong pitching but couldn't score enough runs. Key injuries and underperformance also played a role.

Even though I knew weeks ago that clinching the playoffs would come in due course, it is special to finally see it become a reality. For the first time in my life, I will get to see the Jays play October baseball. I cannot wait until this team wins the division, which they will.

Baseball is back in Toronto. Hopefully they go on a long playoff run, but exciting times for sure.

Edited by van_ws