The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Had to go to work part way through the third inning, got home at 11:30 and hit the play button.

Made it to bed at 3:30 am.

Never, ever seen a game like that. Most likely will never, ever see another like that.

Edwin's homer was epic, instantaneous that ball is gone. So happy for Joey Bats.

If the fans had not gotten rowdy it is likely the Jays would have lost. The noise and anger/angst seemed to really mess Ranger heads up.

Greatness.

image_zpsthdgkwyb.jpg

That must have been surreal to experience that game live.

I've been to some great games in Toronto in the past - epic, extra-inning slugfests, double-digit seesaw battles - back in the 80s - with the likes of Bell, Barfield, Fernandez, Steib, Key, Yaz, Boggs, Rice, Evans, Eckersley, Guidry, Mattingly, Winfield et al.. Legends.

But. Nothing. Like. That. Game. Yesterday.

NBC is saying there's nothing wrong with the bat flip, it will be an iconic baseball image for years :). Kansas fans are talking about Canadians having no class lol

So does the all-star second baseman for the Cleveland Indians:

IF THERE’S ANYTIME YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PIMP A HOME RUN.. DAMMIT THAT’S WHEN YOU CAN DO IT! #DONTBESENSITIVE#THATWASHUGE

— JASON KIPNIS (@THEJK–KID) OCTOBER 14, 2015

I don't understand any issues the Rsngers can have about the batflip. The Rangers bench we're celebrating the heck out of taking the lead on a technicality. And then they celebrated it twice more as the ump confirmed his call and then confirmed the replay. Not to mention it was only the 7th inning so with 6 outs left for the Rangers it was kind of a challenge to the Rangers to do something about it and they couldn't.

Edited by drdeath

Kansas fans are talking about Canadians having no class lol

Hello pot meet kettle. Kansas fans should be the last one to call anyone having no class when Royals have intentionally hit how many opposing teams batter's this year? Royals are cocky bunch.

I can't believe Texas player's are upset because of the way Joey Bats flipped his bat. Nothing wrong at all with what he did especially when you hit such a huge series winning HR.

I expect the bad blood to carry over from the last time Toronto and Kansas City played.

Edited by the last outlaw