The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I tend to agree, but I don't think it will happen.

My guess is that Travis will be the every day 2nd baseman. Barney will be the infield insurance and Goins will continue to work out in LF, where he will become the 4th outfielder. (5th when Bats returns)

My uninformed eye tells me that Goins has a better arm than both Barney and Travis and I'm unimpressed with Travis' arm. Is this just me?

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

My uninformed eye tells me that Goins has a better arm than both Barney and Travis and I'm unimpressed with Travis' arm. Is this just me?

Goins does have the best arm of the bunch, I agree.  If Goins gets some LF reps I'm not too worried about the logjam.  I doubt we've seen the last of the injuries, plus Travis probably won't play every day and Donaldson may move to DH the odd game.

Apparently Machado's appeal is set for Tuesday...13 days after the incident.  Baltimore will be finishing a string against the Blue Jays and Red Sox, if the suspension is upheld the games will be against San Diego and Tampa.  Way to punish those Orioles with a swift wheel of justice MLB.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I tend to agree, but I don't think it will happen.

My guess is that Travis will be the every day 2nd baseman. Barney will be the infield insurance and Goins will continue to work out in LF, where he will become the 4th outfielder. (5th when Bats returns)

Of course I expect Travis to be the Jays 2nd baseman, his bat is too good. Although sometimes you need to ride the hot guy and that is Barney. Yeah Goins is the last man out as long as Tulo is on this team... I felt since last year if someone was expendable it could be Tulo for pitching depth, and that leaves you Goins in SS and Travis at 2nd, as mentioned Goins has the better arm. These 2 are young and they could build some great chemistry together now young. 

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

With Tulo back it really creates a jam now up the middle. Of course he gets SS, but 2nd base is going to be tough, someone has to be moved.... For now the guy who deserves to play is Barney, he has proven to be a solid player right now and it's hard to argue with that. I know Shaky isn't going to like it, but I am a Travis supporter the guy is going to be good, but Barney IMO right now is the guy who deserves to be playing.

Funny you posted this I was going to post something similar..Im a huge Travis fan as well..but I agree..Barney is playing to well to keep out of the lineup for any length of time...They all are good..Goins with the arm..Barney with the glove and Travis with the bat...he has to recapture last year..if he can he will have the job at 2nd...if not...he could be expendable I fear...or could Tulo be on the block?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Because you know you could stand in there and hit the guy?  

I do believe this! In the league I play in over 30, I was able to hit off a guy who was throwing 85 I broke his no no hitting it between 3rd and ss, then also pulled one for a double in the gap in RC. I'm also hitting .643 after 5 games, don't mean to go off but I do believe I could hit off Dickey.

19 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I dont know about that..my walker wont fit into the batters box..maybe in my younger days..

Good one!  My scooter is a three wheeler, so I know I'd fit.  I would wager on you, even in a walker, hitting that pumpkin of a floater Dicky tosses.B)

• Upvote 1