The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

19 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Does it matter? Travis never plays shortstop and you don't need a big arm to play 2nd. His bat more than makes up the difference, IMO.

Every once in while you guys have me thinking you know baseball, but then....

Watching Barney double up Machado with a strong arm from essentially right field shows why having a second baseman with a strong arm can certainly help. Yes, Travis' bat is why he'll be preferred over Goins, but I don't see why talking about who has the strongest arm is unreasonable...

20 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Watching Barney double up Machado with a strong arm from essentially right field shows why having a second baseman with a strong arm can certainly help. Yes, Travis' bat is why he'll be preferred over Goins, but I don't see why talking about who has the strongest arm is unreasonable...

Arm strength is about the least of your concerns as a 2nd basemen. It's simply gravy if a 2B does have a good arm. 

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Estrada is definitely the #1 guy on this team.

Well, this game is probably out of reach. Having to rely on the bullpen for the next 5 innings, not to mention needing a minimum of 9 runs to win this. 

I think a lot of people are waiting for him to come back to Earth and he just keeps on mowing. Awesome trade by AA.

6 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Impossible to make a comeback when the pen bleeds runs as bad as Stroman did.

lol useless 2 run homer. Time to find something else. It's over now. They made it close 8-6 but they practically doubled up on them again this inning 11-6.

rip

20 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Good lord Rupert. 

I don't know what this is supposed to mean....

19 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I don't think it's unreasonable, just not all that important, for a second baseman.

• Upvote 1

The Jays' hitters are still falling into the same old bad habits.

Yesterday, both Encarnacion and Saunders come up with nobody on and down by four runs. The team needs baserunners. Yet both hitters pull the ball into the shift for easy outs. The day before, Edwing got two hits the other way, while Saunders hit two opposite field dingers in Philly.

Meanwhile, the O's were taking what the Jays' pitchers gave them and were constantly coming up with two out and two strike hits.