The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yup especially considering that he offers this team nothing more than Revere did except for 12m more per season and a dozen more home runs( which isn't a big deal if we have EE, Donaldson, Bats, Saunders, Tulo and Martin)

especially when pitching is our need..not OFs...dumb....and who wants to see a roster player go for this guy?

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

especially when pitching is our need..not OFs...dumb....and who wants to see a roster player go for this guy?

Or worse yet... Prospects...if we need an outfielder, go Bruce. And that'll serve notice to everyone that Bautista is gone after this year.

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Or worse yet... Prospects...if we need an outfielder, go Bruce. And that'll serve notice to everyone that Bautista is gone after this year.

Shapiro and his crony have been looking for an OF since they got here and almost traded Saunders for Bruce earlier..I have a feeling there will be an OF going the other way   and it could be Saunders...I dont think he is in Shapiros plans....that move will go over like a lead balloon.

3 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Travis again. Almost runs into Sanchez and then bobbles yet another ball. He ain't no Barney or Goins at 2nd. 

That is the one thing Travis needs to improve on is his fielding, but I'd have him in the lineup over Goins any day for his bat. It's a toss up with Barney tbh never thought I'd be saying that, but Barney has been so damn good at everything he does this year I want him in the lineup all the time, but I also want Travis in as much as possible lol.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Bautista in the leadoff again eh? 

Personally I don't like it, i know Gibbons had said as soon as Bats is back he would be leading off.

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I still am amazed by Estrada's record. Started 17 games, averages 6 and 2/3 innings, 100Ks (for a guy that does not throw hard at all), ERA under 3.00 (2.94), .179 BAA, and yet he has just 5 wins and 4 losses. The number of no-decisions is ridiculous.

Estrada is a smart pitcher I can 100% agree to that now. I thought that last year because he doesn't throw hard so he's smart with his pitches, but I also credited Navarro a lot for his success. I thought he was going to fail this year without Navarro, I was wrong, he has shown he is a good pitcher. Sucks for his record but he has proven himself he hasn't been bad.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

We really aren't moving Sanchez to the pen...are we?

I sure as hell hope not, would be stupid if he isn't tired or sore. The way he pitches is just so smooth and easy. He doesn't put as much strain on his arm, like other pitchers do to try and throw that hard, Sanchez does it with ease. This is why I believe he can continue going without getting injured tbh, his technique is perfect.

36 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

nobody I hope...stupid move.

I can't believe this stuff is for real it's ridiculous, just gets me so frustrated, and I know you feel the exact same way. STUPID.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Ok seriously when is Baltimore gonna go away. I keep thinking that the AL east is gonna come down to the Jays and Redsox but the Orioles keep winning. 

Chris Davis, Manny machado, Adam Jones...Trumbo, Weiters... They aren't pushovers.

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Chris Davis, Manny machado, Adam Jones...Trumbo, Weiters... They aren't pushovers.

Their pitching doesn't scare me at all. Britton is probably one of the top closers, but other then that it's no good. 

Also you forgot Schoop who is having a good year

4 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Their pitching doesn't scare me at all. Britton is probably one of the top closers, but other then that it's no good. 

Also you forgot Schoop who is having a good year

Yes... Yes I did, they got some not bad arms in Tillman, Gallardo and Jimenez... Probably better than ours.  I'm actually a bit surprised that Boston is hanging around although their rotation/pen is far superior and pitching can win games as long as the team can manufacture wins.

59 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Personally I don't like it, i know Gibbons had said as soon as Bats is back he would be leading off.

Estrada is a smart pitcher I can 100% agree to that now. I thought that last year because he doesn't throw hard so he's smart with his pitches, but I also credited Navarro a lot for his success. I thought he was going to fail this year without Navarro, I was wrong, he has shown he is a good pitcher. Sucks for his record but he has proven himself he hasn't been bad.

I sure as hell hope not, would be stupid if he isn't tired or sore. The way he pitches is just so smooth and easy. He doesn't put as much strain on his arm, like other pitchers do to try and throw that hard, Sanchez does it with ease. This is why I believe he can continue going without getting injured tbh, his technique is perfect.

I can't believe this stuff is for real it's ridiculous, just gets me so frustrated, and I know you feel the exact same way. STUPID.

Even Zaun thinks its stupid...who is going to sit if no OF goes the other way..I think Carrera deserves to be here as well...crazy stupid move if true..in other news Gavin Floyd was transferred to the 60 day DL yesterday..doubtful he will be back...another Shapiro move that went south along with Storen....by putting Floyd on the 60 day DL it opens up a spot for Colobello who will be back.....Colobello is hitting around a buck and a half with Buffalo in about 10 games..must be losing that batspeed with no peds.

51 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Even Zaun thinks its stupid...who is going to sit if no OF goes the other way..I think Carrera deserves to be here as well...crazy stupid move if true..in other news Gavin Floyd was transferred to the 60 day DL yesterday..doubtful he will be back...another Shapiro move that went south along with Storen....by putting Floyd on the 60 day DL it opens up a spot for Colobello who will be back.....Colobello is hitting around a buck and a half with Buffalo in about 10 games..must be losing that batspeed with no peds.

Carrerra is barely Mendoza line over the last month or so. He had a great start but I just don't think he can really cut it as an every day guy.

and I really hope CC doesn't come back...where's he go? Can't supplant either Smoak or EE at first unless he starts hitting again, but even then I'd take Smoak's +defence and average-at-best bat, considering the other pop in the lineup, unless CC is just tearing the cover off the ball. He's a zoo in the outfield too. I just don't see where he fits in.

47 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Carrerra is barely Mendoza line over the last month or so. He had a great start but I just don't think he can really cut it as an every day guy.

and I really hope CC doesn't come back...where's he go? Can't supplant either Smoak or EE at first unless he starts hitting again, but even then I'd take Smoak's +defence and average-at-best bat, considering the other pop in the lineup, unless CC is just tearing the cover off the ball. He's a zoo in the outfield too. I just don't see where he fits in.

So they trade for Upton and bring Colobello back....this will create a huge logjam...with Upton that means Lake and Carrera will go to AAA...and you still have a logjam with 4 OF looking for playing time...and the same with 1st base..Smoak.Colobello and EE sharing duties...I dont think any of this will help team unity before post season...and we arent even addressing the infield when Goins return.......they need a proven starter but even at that I dont know how you put one of the best pitchers in the league in the pen...hard to replace that in the rotation...it will all be so interesting.

So Sale is saying that the tight fitting jerseys were uncomfortable and was concerned they would effect his mechanics..

Also looks like Fielder is done for the year. I did not realize he is 280 pounds...

10 minutes ago, b3. said:

So Sale is saying that the tight fitting jerseys were uncomfortable and was concerned they would effect his mechanics..

Also looks like Fielder is done for the year. I did not realize he is 280 pounds...

so they suspend him 5 games..he missed 1 start  so he will be back in time for his next....lol

38 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

So they trade for Upton and bring Colobello back....this will create a huge logjam...with Upton that means Lake and Carrera will go to AAA...and you still have a logjam with 4 OF looking for playing time...and the same with 1st base..Smoak.Colobello and EE sharing duties...I dont think any of this will help team unity before post season...and we arent even addressing the infield when Goins return.......they need a proven starter but even at that I dont know how you put one of the best pitchers in the league in the pen...hard to replace that in the rotation...it will all be so interesting.

I guess it all depends on who they trade away, should they make any trades at all?