The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] - Isles Interested in Sedins?! *Eklund

Eklund, did you take these into consideration when coming up with this idea?

1) Why would the Sedins waive for the Islanders?

2) Why would the Sedins want to leave Vancouver?

3) Who, other than Tavares, would the Isles have to give up?

The Islanders would love Kesler on their 2nd line, great 2-way center that can keep up with their offensive prospects.

I don't want Kesler to leave though lol.

Strome, Nelson and 2nd for Kes (Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd got Richards). I would so do that, it sets the team in a great place for years to come.

Can you imagine, down the road, how sick this Top 6 would be?

Shinkaruk - Strome - Jensen

Nelson - Horvat - Kassian

I don't see the Twins going there though. They'd probably want to have a last go with a contender or Detroit if they don't retire with us.

Strome, Nelson and 2nd for Kes (Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd got Richards). I would so do that, it sets the team in a great place for years to come.

Can you imagine, down the road, how sick this Top 6 would be?

Shinkaruk - Strome - Jensen

Nelson - Horvat - Kassian

I don't see the Twins going there though. They'd probably want to have a last go with a contender or Detroit if they don't retire with us.

It's not bad value wise, but I don't think adding Nelson is necessary since we'd have Strome, Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels, and Lain as our future centermen. What about getting Pulock, Pelech, or Reinhart instead?

There is no way we are trading the Sedins. They are the face of our organization. They are our only top 10 draftees (currently playing). They recently signed new & potentially final contracts.

With Edler & Kesler on the ropes, who is going to mentor the young guys? Burrows? And we know just how well teams do with a gross of young talent & no vets to teach them to win. (edmonton, buffalo, nyi, etc)

Trading the Sedins would mean rebuild. And it would mean years before we see the playoffs.

Archived