The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFF RACE

Del Rio

Torts playing a boring system with injuring all his key players; gillis with horrible trading and not addressing key needs... Both are fired

Owners wouldn't buy out Luo when it was the right move, what makes you think he will fire the coach and GM with $17million owed to them? Not to mention they have to fork out the dough for their replacements. Firing both would certainly be the right move, but IMO Gillis is going to get a final kick at the can.

Why is everyone so mad? We still have a chance to move up a few spots for a draft pick now. Throw in Markstrom next game!

You are absolutely correct. There was no hope since Jan IMO. Nashville is officially over us in terms of standing.

sick of hank's post game comments after every loss. same crap with no emotion..the whole sedin demenour has infected the whole team. please get rid of these two…it's gonna be a painful team to watch with the sedins as our top guys for the next 4 years folks..

Naslund V2.0.

source?

Mike Gillis mentioned this on team 1040, that every trade, and potential trade, and or trade talks, the Ownership is fully aware of it. Including requiring their approval for any trade to go through. Mike Gillis is pretty much working with Francisco every day of the year and even during the summer season.

Really don't want to hear the boys complain about how difficult it is to play the remaining 3 games. It's tough on everyone and when you make millions for a 6 month season you ought to suck it up like a man.

Time to see what we have in Markstrom.

I'd personally give Gillis another year. Torts is clearly not the right coach though. We have a Cup contenders two way depth, we just need to buy out Booth and obtain a top six forward along with a bonafide offensive D-man. Pay through their nose if they have to. I'm not convinced this teams window is closed. We just haven't filled out our roster.

I didn't think we'd be in this position for a long time to come

Seems like decades ago that we were one win away from the Cup.

But you know what? I'd rather miss the playoffs than squeak in and then get swept in the first round. Gonna be a loooonggggg summer

Archived