The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

What has Smyl done? Smyl has done nothing really, just because he was a good canuck?

He's technically the head scout now for the Canucks. He's in charge of player development. Basically, most of the OHL picks that the Canucks have made have gone through him.

This includes Dane Fox (he wasn't drafted but signed as a free agent - he was the leading scorer at the time, ended up being 2nd); Bo Horvat; Brendan Gaunce; Jordan Subban, etc.

I think he's done a pretty good job so far.

I love linden but whats his gm experience? Its nothin so i suggest don cherry. Knows hockey as well as anyone and is tough and knows the type of players and determination needed. Would be a better option i hope others agree

Don Cherry wouldnt accept Bieksa for Crosby and also trade everyone for Bruins players.

I love linden but whats his gm experience? Its nothin so i suggest don cherry. Knows hockey as well as anyone and is tough and knows the type of players and determination needed. Would be a better option i hope others agree

No I don't agree...the dude is 80 years old.

The Aquilin's better have a couple blank cheques ready in order to hire the best people available.

That's the only way they can start winning fans back.

Nicholson is a good start. They need to get a GM with experience too. I don't think Linden is that guy.

Don Cherry would be an off-the-wall hire, LOL.

The thing is that his team would only have Canadians/Americans on it with very few Europeans. Also, I think he'd be hard to push off in a trade.

That being said, Cherry's not gonna be the GM. He's way too old. LOL.

The Aquilin's better have a couple blank cheques ready in order to hire the best people available.

That's the only way they can start winning fans back.

Nicholson is a good start. They need to get a GM with experience too. I don't think Linden is that guy.

Sadly, they make more money in a day then we'd make in a lifetime :(

What's Bob Nicholsons resume?

yea exactly. No negotiating experience at all. Again i'm confused to of why Canucks fans are so excited for him. It's like a bandwagon trend. A couple are getting excited and all of a sudden this entire place is excited over a man who has NO managing experience, at any NHL level. Has he ever scouted? how bout an assistant? Did you guys forget the world juniors collapse?

unbelievable. excited over someone with no hockey experience. Is he going to take Babcock with him as a coach? Yea...... there ya go Canucks fans.....

wow...... Bob Nicholson has no expierence managing a hockey team at this magntitude before, i'm not sure why you guys are so excited over someone who has no expierence in managing hockey, sure he was in charge of hockey Canada, but it's far from managing a hockey team in general. I Hope they take their time and hire a good handful of names before making any a rash decision. Just because you are respected around the leauge it doesen't mean other gms will not try to low ball you. You Canucks fans are getting excited over nothing.

I'm pretty sure you have no clue what Bob Nicholson did as CEO and president of Hockey Canada and haven't the ounce of knowledge to understand what you're talking about.

What's Bob Nicholsons resume?

yea exactly. No negotiating experience at all. Again i'm confused to of why Canucks fans are so excited for him. It's like a bandwagon trend. A couple are getting excited and all of a sudden this entire place is excited over a man who has NO managing experience, at any NHL level. Has he ever scouted? how bout an assistant? Did you guys forget the world juniors collapse?

unbelievable. excited over someone with no hockey experience. Is he going to take Babcock with him as a coach? Yea...... there ya go Canucks fans.....

Take a look at Yzerman's resume then before he became GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

IF Linden is hired, which i personally find very unlikely with the businesses he is already running in B.C, I can't see him as either the President or GM of an NHL team. I think it would be fantastic to see him being hired as Vice President and then Bob Nicholson as President. Linden would be learning under Nicholson and they would both be responsible for finding a replacement for Gillis.

My Vote for GM is on current Boston AGM Jim Benning (2006 - Present). He has played for the Canucks (1986-1990), was a great head scout for the Sabres, and has not been anything but successful in Boston being apart of the Stanley cup winner in 2011 and playoff appearances in all the seasons he has been with the organization. He has a very good eye for talent both in the draft and in the pro ranks, which can be proven by the Bruins drafting and negotiations over the past few years.

We can't afford to hire rookies to run this organizations. Jim Benning is the perfect man for the job.

Archived