The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

Linden has a lot of respect around the league and from the NHLPA, good move if true.

That is a hometown myth. Linden was incredibly unpopular due to the players believing he rolled over in his time in the PA and got them a bad contract.

Other players were slamming him for years afterwards.

It doesn't both me if he is picked because it will appeal to the ticket buyers... but having a guy like Shanahan would do the team in better stead as he is "in" with the league and can get us breaks.

It will probably go down as folks are suggesting though.

Nicholson - President

Linden - GM

(my take) Naslund as head of European Scouting

Linden for president or GM with no front office hockey experience ? Smells like a bone being thrown to the STH to me. Would love Trevor to have a role with the team but he needs to be in an assistant position until he learns the ropes- long term his hiring could be a master stroke as a face of the franchise but it would break my heart if it turns out like it has for Lowe in Edmonton.

Don Cherry wouldnt accept Bieksa for Crosby and also trade everyone for Bruins players.

I'd Accept that trade right now Crosby + Bruins. Crosby would be untouchable and Lucic would be a 90 goal scorer Cherry! Cherry! Cherry!

Edit shit nvm Well still Bieksa with the Bruins team would be just as good its already #1

I'd Accept that trade right now Crosby + Bruins. Crosby would be untouchable and Lucic would be a 90 goal scorer Cherry! Cherry! Cherry!

Edit crap nvm Well still Bieksa with the Bruins team would be just as good its already #1

I agree cherry would be a great option he would definetely give a solid agresive attittude to this team. Its what we need

I would be fine with Linden as GM because Gilman will remain at his job and help him learn on the job. Trevor is already a hockey guy and is very familiar and friendly with many hockey people around the NHL, so it shouldn't be much of a work.

Naslund as head of European Scouting

Why would we want to replace Gradin? He's done a fantastic job of finding gems for us (Lack, Cederholm, Eriksson, Edler, Hansen, etc)

Make Naslund head of player development or senior advisor to the GM.

Archived