The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] COL - 04/10/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Markstrom is nowhere close to being as bad as Torts implied. What hallucinatory drugs was he taking when he started Eddie for 19 straight games?

He's been on something since the start of the year... that's not his worst decision lol

Colorado gonna get swept in the playoffs. Top puck possession team against leagues 3rd worst puck possession team. Still not sure how they made the playoffs - they're soo lucky Van stunk it up this yr.

They're going to get killed by anyone they play, except Chicago, who seemingly struggles with Colorado for some unknown reason.

They're missing Duchene, Parenteau, and Tanguay. I'm sure if just 1 of them returns they'll be significantly better.

Ya, but they've been pretty healthy the whole season and have put up league bottom possesion metrics and league high PDO's. They're a whole lotta lucky - we'll all see this next season when the don't make the playoffs.

Ya, but they've been pretty healthy the whole season and have put up league bottom possesion metrics and league high PDO's. They're a whole lotta lucky - we'll all see this next season when the don't make the playoffs.

If they were to miss the playoffs it would also result from the fact that they are extremely thin on D as well. On the other hand they are stacked on forwards.

I too see the positive side of losing and getting a higher pick. But there is a big leap between that and cheering for your team to lose. Thats completely different, and overall, pretty gross. The people who actually want us to tank on purpose (not saying you are one of those people) are even more disgusting.

Well if we want that 6th overall pick then it takes losing to get it. I'm not cheering for them to lose, but at the same time I'm not exactly unhappy when it happens at this point. I've gotten pretty used to dealing with losses this season. I can take three more.

And it's not just about getting a higher pick. That 6th overall pick has value for a reason. IMO there are 3 elite players outside the likely top 3 (Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ehlers) that we would have a chance at drafting one of if we lock down the 6th spot. It's important we get a impact player like these 3 going forward.

If they were to miss the playoffs it would also result from the fact that they are extremely thin on D as well. On the other hand they are stacked on forwards.

Ya, it's the source of their low possession metrics. They have some really strong possession forwards - not so much on D.

Archived