The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

Are people seriously saying Boston got fleeced on the Seguin trade? From what I saw, both Dallas and Boston won that trade. Boston also got great players back.

I think are just confused about who won and why

Dallas won because they got Seguin who will be their franchise center for the next decade. They got A great player.

Boston won because they got Smith Erikkson and more. Erikkson is a first line talent, SMith is looking like he could be a solid top 6 talent, and the other pieces in that trade also look like they could be solid regular NHL players

Boston won because they got deeper in all areas with some pretty awesome talent. That depth of talent alone is what could make them the overall winners in this trade. Especially if they trade Erikkson for a solid package back while keeping the youth they picked up

I would've prefered the MG Tortorella route regardless of what the popularity meter says

Tank on purpose?

Tank for McDavid?

Try to win games with 18 year olds?

Go cheer for the Oilers. They've already been tanking for years. They lose all the time and pick young guys.

Vancouver would start WWIII if the Canucks did that.

Are people seriously saying Boston got fleeced on the Seguin trade? From what I saw, both Dallas and Boston won that trade. Boston also got great players back.

CDC. Somebody has to lose. No trade is ever fair. Next in discussion is the Nash trade.

Tank on purpose?

Tank for McDavid?

Try to win games with 18 year olds?

Go cheer for the Oilers. They've already been tanking for years. They lose all the time and pick young guys.

Vancouver would start WWIII if the Canucks did that.

They've never had the chance to take someone like McDavid. Also, they had no veterans and a bad system. Their young guys ran around trying to figure things out on their own. Mcdavid is a special player and we have veterans like the Sedins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Higgins to mentor

Canucks updated their facebook with a pic of Benning in his new office, then took it down about 30 seconds after for some reason. Here it is for those interested.

Lihgzxa.png

Next pic should be. . .

Pres Linden

Gm Benning

Coach ???

Three men that will change canucks future!

Not really much of interest right now. Linden and Benning very much on the same page. Benning loves the fans and the desire of the team to win. Met the Sedins this morning, great people, great hockey players. Likes the core that the team has, thinks they can turn the team around in a hurry.

Talking about existing management right now. Linden saying they are a great support cast to help Jim with his vision.

Archived