The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

I appreciate your opinion , but it does not downplay his stats nor make any difference to the stats. They are what they are.

What they think of them live is what they think of them live.

I'm not trying to down play his stats they are very good but like I said they don't translate his game properly. Live means a hell of a lot more. You can see the intangibles of what makes a quality NHLer.

I'm thinking this argument is going to need a spreadsheet of how many goals Drouin got from Ehlers primary assists and vice versa

I don't think a breakdown is needed, if you have likely the best offensive player in the CHL on your team and you're the seconds best offensive player on that team, directly or indirectly, it's going to help your numbers. To me it's just common sense.

There comes a point when it becomes arguing for argument's sake. People have varying opinions and that's ok - nothing is proven when you're projecting future success of prospects and so there really isn't much point of an argument and it should remain discussion, with comparisons and a look at past performance. In doing that, let's keep it respectful and keep in mind that this isn't really worth fighting about as it's out of our hands anyhow?

Sure, present the pros/cons but if someone disagrees, let it go if you hit a stalemate. Overkill folks.

Yeah but why is this Canucks talk?

How do you ignore posters? Like within the system... I'm just tired of seeing the same baseless arguments from certain posters.

I also think "BurgerKing" is a marketing rep for Burger King Canada trying to make all of CDC hungry and crave for their burgers. Conspiracy? I think not.

LOL, our burgers are broiled, not fried,

I don't think a breakdown is needed, if you have likely the best offensive player in the CHL on your team and you're the seconds best offensive player on that team, directly or indirectly, it's going to help your numbers. To me it's just common sense.

yea Malkin's a 50 point player at best without crosby..

I don't think you get common sense.

Maybe you should ask shrine to link it to you or for you.

Constantly telling people they're trolling while ignoring ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED and not clicking on the links they provide out of sheet ignorance and obstinacy just irritates the hell out of me.

You're really the worst kind of poster on this sure and I'm sure a quick search of the computer you use in your parents basement will show multiple locked accounts on this and probably other sites.

All you have is your ignorant opinion about European players while ignoring all essential and provided information.

Please just go away.

Carls Jr. is better

The prospect I like is WAY better than the prospect you like. The prospect you like is a TURD. The prospect I like will definitely bring Vancouver a cup and go on to be a first ballot hall of famer. The prospect you like cannot tie his skates properly. If he ever gets to play in an NHL game he will cry like a baby in it and it will be his last. It will be the downfall of the entire franchise and the team will be sold to Seattle. If you look at the facts the information is all there.

It's fact. You can't even argue with it because it's so objective all you are doing is ignoring the proof. There is no question.

46 pages on a potential draft pick? really? why this pick and not another?

potentially massive reward, potential bust

excellent speed, offset with lack of size

and then people start digging and coming up with meaningless stats to justify their own view on him

and then there are some that completely ignore stats and make things up

and then those people get crucified

and then people come up with more stats to silence trolls

and then the trolls keep coming

and then the personal attacks come

and then it's not about Ehlers, but about how stupid a poster is

and that goes on, and on until we hit 40 pages

potentially massive reward, potential bust

excellent speed, offset with lack of size

and then people start digging and coming up with meaningless stats to justify their own view on him

and then there are some that completely ignore stats and make things up

and then those people get crucified

and then people come up with more stats to silence trolls

and then the trolls keep coming

and then the personal attacks come

and then it's not about Ehlers, but about how stupid a poster is

and that goes on, and on until we hit 40 pages

This.

I think many on here would rather the Canucks pick the prospect they DONT WANT and have him bust. They would rather be right than get behind whoever is picked or trust a professional scout. They just want to say I told you so.

Nathan Mackinnon had 75 points to Drouins 105. Mackinnon was in on 27 of Drouins 105 points and vice versa. So does this mean that Mackinnon really only had 50 points because Drouin carried him along? What a bust....Mackinnon shouldn't have even been drafted.

Oh and Ehlers sample size of 25 points in 17 games is a small sample size but it's not as if it's the only thing we have to work with. He scored 104 points over the entire season so reasonably without Drouin he would've had likely around 85-100 points. However, don't forget that if Drouin wasn't playing, Ehlers would get greater ice time and therefore more points.

I think the 70% was the actual point production. Not Drouin being on the ice in some regard .

I think what is important to note is the 25 points in 17 games where Drouin wasnt in the lineup at all . Therefore no bias or taint can be attributed.

Its not a full season by any stretch, but it is large enough to be used as a comparison. That is 93 points in 64 games. When we see this total, one has to be constitutionally biased to brush that off or try to dismiss it.

There isnt much point to debating when one party will not accept basic objective facts.

No, I meant that for every time that Ehlers scored a goal, I'd keep a tally for every time that Drouin had an assist on it OR if Ehlers recorded an assist, I'd ALSO put a tally for every time Drouin also assisted on that point or scored that point.

I only did it because I wanted to see how much of Ehlers's points had anything to do with Drouin. Exactly 50% of his points had anything to do with Drouin. I just wanted to see how legit this 30% thing is, and turns out it's really 50%.

Anyway, I agree with all your points and etc... just wanted to point out that it's really 50% if we're going to talk about how much Drouin has contributed to Ehlers success or how much Ehlers has contributed to Drouin's success.

Archived