The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Reporters] Believe Van will not make playoffs next year, on the verge of REBUILD

Southpop45

I agree apparently we were bad in the wrong year

Are we going to pull off an Buffalo tank next year...

I see no need next year

Hope we can dominate next season and Santorelli should be healthy for the beginning of next season

How does a team go from missing the playoffs one year to dominating the next?

What are the chances Linden and Co. makes a 'bold' move in the draft and acquire another top 5 pick along with our 6th overall pick?

If we some how get Ekblad and Dal Colle to add to our prospect pool of Shinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce, Fox, Cassels that would speed up our rebuild.

By drafting Mckinnon and hiring Patrick Roy apparently.

With a few changes Colorado went from Worst in the league last season to a stanley cup contender, it is possible.

And having an unsustainably high PDO for their possession rate. Look for Colorado to come back to Earth again next year.

Via TSN video "Rapid Reporters 2.0" April 13,2014

• discussed which of the 6 canadian teams that did not make playoffs this year will make it next year
  • they believe that VAN will not make playoffs next year and is on the verge of a rebuild

what are your thoughts?

We have one season of tank under our belts. Lets keep the momentum going.

Ship out Kesler , Edler and whomever else we can 30 and over. Get as many 2015 first rounders as possible. Next year is one of the best years to tank that we have seen in a while.

I'm not finished feeling bad about this season, I refuse to carry that over into next season too.

How about we see what moves are made, etc. before we decide? That's what any credible reporter would do.

Exactly but those chumps are hardly credible

We have one season of tank under our belts. Lets keep the momentum going.

Ship out Kesler , Edler and whomever else we can 30 and over. Get as many 2015 first rounders as possible. Next year is one of the best years to tank that we have seen in a while.

Sounds like the Oiler's program.......how's that working for them?

Teams need players like Kesler

Sounds like the Oiler's program.......how's that working for them?Teams need players like Kesler

oilers program is to ship out every proven veteran and bank on young skilled players.

if we can keep guys like higgins, Richardson, Matthias in our bottom six as well as the Sedins and Burrows, then it's a sharks type program.

I personally hope they will finish in the bottom 2 or 3 this coming season, get a shot at drafting McDavid. Miss him, there's always Barzel, who's almost just as good.

Also trade Sedins, Kesler, Edler, and the rest of the core, try aiming to draft Reinhart.

Archived