The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Reporters] Believe Van will not make playoffs next year, on the verge of REBUILD

Southpop45

I actually watched the video. 'The Reporters' did not say that the Canucks were not going to make the playoffs, they just said that they didn't think the Canucks were the most likely of the Canadian teams to make the playoffs.

Simmons said that Calgary would take a step back and that he has no faith in Edmonton and that it may be the players and not the coaches who are responsible for the Oilers' mess.

Kind of a misleading thread. Inciting Canuck fans when there was nothing in the report to get upset about.

I would rate the Habs and Sens as higher talented rosters with more potential but that is all. Canucks

have enough vets that they could upgrade their talent pool quickly with a few trades.

Not talked about much but I thought the Twins experiment on the PK was a bit of a flop. I always saw

them tapering off at the end of their careers by dropping to a 3rd line with PP duties. It most definitely will not be on the PK.

We have one season of tank under our belts. Lets keep the momentum going.

Ship out Kesler , Edler and whomever else we can 30 and over. Get as many 2015 first rounders as possible. Next year is one of the best years to tank that we have seen in a while.

This trade down this year use a package for the extra 1st next year.

Via TSN video "Rapid Reporters 2.0" April 13,2014

• discussed which of the 6 canadian teams that did not make playoffs this year will make it next year
  • they believe that VAN will not make playoffs next year and is on the verge of a rebuild

what are your thoughts?

haters, negative nancys, call em what you want.

By virtue of everyone hating us, we should make it back in because people usually dont get what they want

Well obviously if we didnt make em this yr and holding all else constant of course its safe to assume we would have a similar result,, but thats why there is the offseason.. draft free agents trades blahblah, jeeez

We lost our star goalie and most likely will trade Kesler. I could definitely see us being worse next season, especially since most teams in the west are on the rise. The silver lining is that if there was a time to tank , it's certainly next season with more than a couple franchise type players available.

It's all going to be interesting this off season. It all starts with the lottery though. If by some miracle we are picking 1st overall, I would think we would draft Ekblad, but Reinhart would let us trade Kesler to Pittsburgh for Pouliot etc etc. Also Bennett would be a great 2nd line winger!

Either way, if we draft 1st overall, we may have a conundrum on our hands. Buyout Booth or even Edler...-38 :picard:

If it's 6th or 7th, we do scout the crap out of Sweden. Willie Nylander or Nicolaj Ehlers are the highest possibilities. I want Dal Colle or Leon Draisaitl, but I can't see them dropping. They are just plain better than spots 6-10.

Via TSN video "Rapid Reporters 2.0" April 13,2014

• discussed which of the 6 canadian teams that did not make playoffs this year will make it next year
  • they believe that VAN will not make playoffs next year and is on the verge of a rebuild
what are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that they don't know anything since they don't have a magic crystal ball. I bet they did not predict Avs being second in the West.

Archived