The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Temp GDT)Canucks vs Flames 6pm SNET-P

Watermelon

I only saw the hit once, but regardless, anyone calling for retaliation is just plain stupid.

I'm all for nailing him with a clean hit, perhaps some punches (ate a few), but to injure the guy? He probably already feels like crap and i dont think he had any little bit of intent. Careless is all.

Tony Gallagher ‏@tg_gman 1m

Daniel was conscious and appeared alert down here. Early indications from those that know seem to think he's okay.

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford 1m

@choderama unreal. Doctor said they're not overly concerned right now. Neck was "in shock"

Thank god

Hartley is to blame the pathetic excuse for a coach is probably telling his players to start all this crap

Probable, Hartley is a pos for the crap he pulls, especially against the Canucks this year.

The NHL needs to make examples out of hits like that, you don't hammer a guy in the numbers when he is that close to the boards.

doesn't matter if it's the end of the season a suspension can carry over and if Daniel is seriously hurt it will be a heavy suspension it's a reckless play in a meaningless game

I'm commenting on the NHL wheel of justice, not the severity of the hit. Definitely needs to be a hit removed from the game.

Calling for retaliation?

Are you serious....

How frigging stupid are some of you?

End Monahans career over a hit gone wrong?

Seriously grow up.

Some of this fan base and this board make me sick and sorry to say I am a Canucks fan after reading comments like this.

What the hell is wrong with some of you?

I agree. All this talk of "Bertuzzi-ing" players makes me want to puke. Grow up people!

Looks like not such a terrible fall, wonder what happened? Hope he is OK; tough year for him...

Archived