The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kesler to remain a Canuck

TheRussianRocket.

I'm more inclined to trade him and accelerate a rebuild..We have played large chunks of the season without him and have done okay..Again,If he was traded it would have to be for a top prospect or pick..

Having him here is not bad either..It's a win win situation for the Canucks..

Here's how I see it. You pricks only want dollars spent properly and do not care about risk. You do not care for minor mistakes. You do not accept the fact that people can gamble. 40 years of gambling no pay off means no more gambling. I personally do not care if I am banned for life. I am true blue die hard Canuck fan. I want nothing more than 100 cups to be displayed at the phone booth. However, look at Pat Quinn. Did his promotion show immediate results? Was he hired in 94? Did Gillis have results better than Quinn? I think you as Canuck fans, are making the Canuck team fail. Money talks. ACDC is not popular for a reason! I guess I have to give up on watching them, in order for them to be successful again. You bastards want immediate results and aren't willing to look at the big picture. Coach V and Gillis should have been left to do their thing. They got results, but you fical pricks gave the owners an out.

I think he stays unless the Canucks get a great offer from another team. I believe Kess wants to stay, so many times players are asked for a list of teams so the team has options to look at and it gets blown up into a huge issue.

If anyone is traded this offseason I think it could be Alex Edler or David Booth

Seriously people ... get over Kesler already, this isn't about his series against Nashville in 2011. Over this past season, how many times have you seen this rare and invisible animal called Kesler Beastmode show its face? How many games have you seen Kesler carry the team on his back and will a win? I think I saw it less than I can count on one hand.

He needs a fresh start. Accept the fact that he might even rip it up in the next team but this is the guy who Torts was referring to as 'stale' here, if he stays, he'll be the same old Kesler for the past 2 years.

Seriously people ... get over Kesler already, this isn't about his series against Nashville in 2011. Over this past season, how many times have you seen this rare and invisible animal called Kesler Beastmode show its face? How many games have you seen Kesler carry the team on his back and will a win? I think I saw it less than I can count on one hand.

He needs a fresh start. Accept the fact that he might even rip it up in the next team but this is the guy who Torts was referring to as 'stale' here, if he stays, he'll be the same old Kesler for the past 2 years.

I saw him try to do it a lot, and if he hadn't been the only skater doing anything on the ice it might have worked even. Imagine if he didn't have to carry the team all alone some nights and could be fed passes in prime scoring positions instead?

Kesler's best years are behind him. The best time to trade him is now and get some value back. Otherwise we stick with him, his value will only go down and we will never get the return we could get right now.

Best option for the franchise is to trade him now and get good value for him.

Kesler needs to stay. His play is all heart. I would even say, I prefer him over Henrik as captain.

Intresting choice as a captain, hey guys I'm your new captain just so you all know I'm not going to pass to any of you because I like to score... Your girlfriend the opposing goalie it doesn't matter lets go play some hockey.... Well what I ment to say is you guys go play some hockey I'm still injured, who's girlfriend can I have tonight?

Exactly. I think the orgainization wants tkeep this core for at least one more season

Yeah. I actually think that's what's going to happen. Horvat is a must to make the team this up-coming season. there needs to be a few young players (Jensen too) who have to make the roster, gain NHL experience with a steep learning experience ahead of them. but if the Canucks do decide to let Kes go next season (trading him, and that would be an exciting prospect for many teams, considering he'd only have one more year after, and then UFA). That might be the way to go.

Kesler needs to get traded this offseason for our future. We can't afford to keep him for few more years and lose value. We need to stockpile for our future.

might be able to get a pick for booth. edler, i can see being traded. but he'd also need to waive his NTC, or was it a NMC?

Archived