The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volume level for playoff hockey. TSN vs CBC

Dogbyte

Who is better to watch random hockey game on?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

You know the CBC turns down it's volume for sports theory right? Well I'm listening and I'm almost impartial, but I can say right TSN blows CBC away for sound. The game sounds way better. ... testing Yep way better. Do you guys agree?

Do you think it's a mandate to not scare people or to avoid a McD's lawsuit, with CBC I mean, the meek shall inherit the earth?

Sound on CBC makes it sound boring, TSN sounds so much more exciting, one of the reasons why I love hearing some of the announcers at NBC, they really crank it up and get into it.

Oh just noticed it is a NBC broadcast on TSN.

wow it all makes sense now...like you said NBC cranks up to make you feel like your there...CBC wants you to listen to their announcers WTF?

wow it all makes sense now...like you said NBC cranks up to make you feel like your there...CBC wants you to listen to their announcers WTF?

Well announcers seem to be in it on NBC broadcasts, love the "SCOOOOOORESSSSSSS" "OHHHH WHAT A SAVE BY CRAWFORD" versus these guys who sound like they are in a library and arent allowed to speak up or use some emotion. "Kane with a breakaway... Misses"

Changes the feeling and excitement completely.

I want to hear a playoff game with only the sound of the crowd, the blades on the ice, the sticks the puck, the hits, and the players and refs speaking....uncensored. Feel like i'm there. They could still have colour analysis before, after and in between periods.

I wish at least there was an option in a sports package for it.

I want to hear a playoff game with only the sound of the crowd, the blades on the ice, the sticks the puck, the hits, and the players and refs speaking....uncensored. Feel like i'm there. They could still have colour analysis before, after and in between periods.

I wish at least there was an option in a sports package for it.

I hear ya. Rate it adult and let the chirps fly.

Playoffs is Bob Cole's time to shine. He's better than Hughson, Hughson has become one tired cliche.

Bob Cole doesn't even have to make sense, its the way his voice carries with the play. Love it. Should be doing the Habs' series.

Never understood why people get so wet over Bob Cole. Sure he was good 20 years ago, but he should have retired like 5 years ago. He's always 3 seconds behind the play and doesn't know any of the players' names, he's terrible.

Well announcers seem to be in it on NBC broadcasts, love the "SCOOOOOORESSSSSSS" "OHHHH WHAT A SAVE BY CRAWFORD" versus these guys who sound like they are in a library and arent allowed to speak up or use some emotion. "Kane with a breakaway... Misses"

Changes the feeling and excitement completely.

and a drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiive

so annoying

Playoffs is Bob Cole's time to shine. He's better than Hughson, Hughson has become one tired cliche.

Bob Cole doesn't even have to make sense, its the way his voice carries with the play. Love it. Should be doing the Habs' series.

He can make boring hockey sound so epic I wish they put him for the habs cause their hockey is never boring. I remember him during the 2010 habs playoff run and he did a fantastic job. Him and the habs were just made for each other.

My personal preference (not related to sound just overall)

CBC>TSN>Sportsnet

In terms of sound though it is TSN they always have crystal clear sound in all their games compared to CBC.

Archived