The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Wakey Wakey, Backes" AKA The End of my respect for Duncan Keith

I know Keith is a scumbag, but I'm sure if we heard all the things player's say on the ice we wouldn't have respect for 80% of them.

For example, Kesler's comments to Backes saying "Tell Kelly I said hi" regarding Backes' wife. Yet everybody here loves Kes.

I'm not defending Keith at all, the guy is a douche. I'm just saying there's plenty of things said on the ice that the viewers don't know about.

Bite yer tongue .. most fans who care think Kesler is a Class 'B' doosh for his antics .. Wee Dunkie is Grade A douche-bag +++

I know Keith is a scumbag, but I'm sure if we heard all the things player's say on the ice we wouldn't have respect for 80% of them.

For example, Kesler's comments to Backes saying "Tell Kelly I said hi" regarding Backes' wife. Yet everybody here loves Kes.

I'm not defending Keith at all, the guy is a douche. I'm just saying there's plenty of things said on the ice that the viewers don't know about.

Do you not recognize the difference? One is a case of guys trash talking back and forth on the ice in between whistles.

The other is an imbecile hillbilly trash talking a guy who's out cold and could be seriously hurt. So, showing no regard in that at all.

It's called "there's a time and a place". MUCH different situations.

Keith is hitting an all time low now. And he sounded like an idiot saying it over and over. Classless.

Bite yer tongue .. most fans who care think Kesler is a Class 'B' doosh for his antics .. Wee Dunkie is Grade A douche-bag +++

I care and I don't think he's a d-bag at all.

He's just keeping up with the rest of the league, not his fault he's better at it.

Do you not recognize the difference? One is a case of guys trash talking back and forth on the ice in between whistles.

The other is an imbecile hillbilly trash talking a guy who's out cold and could be seriously hurt. So, showing no regard in that at all.

It's called "there's a time and a place". MUCH different situations.

Keith is hitting an all time low now. And he sounded like an idiot saying it over and over. Classless.

Lol. I totally recognize the difference. I'm not retarded.

I just don't see how what he said now puts him at an all time low. I already thought he was that low before. He's always been that way.

I hope one day Chara and Lucic have a disagreement and then scrap, and then Marchand and Keith go at it, and this happens to all four fighters:

Or if it's a hit

That would be one way to appease everyone who's had to take abuse from them.

I see the usual suspects of tough guys are in this thread.

Duncan Keith is a rat and his antics have no place in the game.

Let me ask you this: does Burrows have a place in this game? He, after all, has a history of talking endless amounts of trash in almost every situation he's been in. He crosschecks people in the numbers. He pulls hair. He bites players. He has no problem with cheapshotting someone in the nuts.

Burrows is the definition of a rat player. Does he belong in the game?

you guys are crazy. this is a sport where players can skate around and hit each other in the sack on occasion without penalty. they can literally drop their gloves and punch each other in the face until one falls to the ice. this is the sport we watch. if you think "wakey wakey" is seriously that offensive, i wonder what you're doing watching hockey?

I hate to admit it but I kind of agree with you; Backes was trying to get into it with everyone so maybe Keith thought he was OK and therefore fair game. Maybe Keith is just kind of dumb. He is turning into this generation's version of Ulf Samuellsson. Hated but valued by his team. Ulfie won a Cup too...

Let me ask you this: does Burrows have a place in this game? He, after all, has a history of talking endless amounts of trash in almost every situation he's been in. He crosschecks people in the numbers. He pulls hair. He bites players. He has no problem with cheapshotting someone in the nuts.

He's never don't anything to try and end someone's career. Was he a bit of a rat earlier in his career? maybe, but he never intentionally tried to end someone's career or send them to the infirmary.

Would you rather me flying elbow you when you least expect it or talk trash straight to your face ? Do you not grasp the difference ? Kieth is as low as Avery. Waving sticks in peoples faces , savagely slashing you in the ankle when the play is over while your back is turned. Shying away from every opportunity to back up his disgusting style of play.

If there was no instigator he would be sipping through a straw with his jaw wired shut. He has no respect for anyone out there and deserves to be policed. That is how the game used to be played. with HONOR. When you played the way he does you had a long list of guys waiting to discuss it with you.

Would you rather me flying elbow you when you least expect it or talk trash straight to your face ? Do you not grasp the difference ? Kieth is as low as Avery. Waving sticks in peoples faces , savagely slashing you in the ankle when the play is over while your back is turned. Shying away from every opportunity to back up his disgusting style of play.

If there was no instigator he would be sipping through a straw with his jaw wired shut. He has no respect for anyone out there and deserves to be policed. That is how the game used to be played. with HONOR. When you played the way he does you had a long list of guys waiting to discuss it with you.

really how many guys pounded shanny for his famous elbows??? how many guys went after bure for ending churlas career??? dont kid yourself the further back you go in hockey history the dirtier it is...there never has been honor..

First find me a post of me defending any rat stuff our team does before you use this type of argument on me.

I'll save you some time, there is not one.

No, I don't like any team employing guys whose job it is to make other teams mad. It's stupid and what is most ridiculous is the handshaking after a round when they spent the round showing no respect in the first place.

That said Burrows is an annoying rat but Keith takes it to another level. I have never seen Burr jump and elbow someone or taunt a player as badly injured as Backes

So let me ask you something. Does Burrows being a small rat make Keith immune to scrutiny?

First find me a post of me defending any rat stuff our team does before you use this type of argument on me.

I'll save you some time, there is not one.

No, I don't like any team employing guys whose job it is to make other teams mad. It's stupid and what is most ridiculous is the handshaking after a round when they spent the round showing no respect in the first place.

That said Burrows is an annoying rat but Keith takes it to another level. I have never seen Burr jump and elbow someone or taunt a player as badly injured as Backes

So let me ask you something. Does Burrows being a small rat make Keith immune to scrutiny?

uh, there was no argument being made. was just asking a question to see if there was consistency in your judgment of players

to answer your question: no. but if players are going to be critical of 'rat' behaviour, they should be consistent and apply it to all those types of players.

and for the record, i don't consider Burrows a "small" rat at all, i think he's one of the most pathetic players in the entire league. i still love him though.

This made my blood boil, Backes is obviously in a pretty bad state and this f'n douch bag has the audacity to say that to him, He'll get his, hopefully sooner than later.

LOL everyone says that. But time after time keith will always get away with it. Elite player status combined with politics.

Karma will find Keith sooner or later.

Not wishing a harm on anyone but this guy Keith truly is a garbage. I never liked Backes but I hope he comes back healthy sooner than later and lay out Keith with a big hit.

Archived