The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Thread

PlayStation

There's a number of changes that you guys will like, especially on next gen platforms

Go on...

Really wish they at least allow custom rosters available for download, would love to play with the WCE offline. Since I know they wont add old teams like NBA 2K14 does.

There's a number of changes that you guys will like, especially on next gen platforms

As long as they keep custom music I'm happy. I loved burning music/goal horns to a CD, installing them on my Xbox then using them in NHL 14. I doubt they'd remove this feature but I'm hoping it's still there.

Anyone know if the Xbox One can even read CD's or MP3's? The technology might be too old and not supported anymore.

Go on...

Really wish they at least allow custom rosters available for download, would love to play with the WCE offline. Since I know they wont add old teams like NBA 2K14 does.

I only tried it for like an hour, but visually its absolutely stunning, in more ways than one.

Presentation for the intro to games is also A+

nhl 13 and 14 are practically the same game. i guess we'll find out if they disappoint again or not. i just hope its meant for the new consoles.

I disagree. NHL14 I score easily and goalies get screwed over in OTP, Also hitting,offense got jacked up while Defense and goaltending got harder. NHL 13 had lower overalls for forwards in OTP meaning it was easier to play D and play goalie.

They just need to balance it out and improve the little things like graphics, commentary, etc.

IMO NHL 10, and 11 were the best ones. Since them I have found them to be so arcadey, so I hope it changes...The puck would just be like a ping pong ball, so hard to complete a pass, looked sometimes too fast.

But I will buy it for sure for PS4, want a hockey game bad.

Wishlist:

-Update HUT alternate jerseys, player cards, etc every month

-Make arenas more realistic, so every arena is different like in real life

-There should be options to choose which commentators you want for a game, and for online the home team picks it (Thorne & Clement are boring now) or simply replace Thorne & Clement with Hughson and Simpson

-After a goal horn, include the real goal song to go with it - for online

-Put the real coaches and assistants and trainers on the bench

-Put more or some new custom celebrations

-There should be goalies injuries shown when you're in a game

-When you're starting a game, and it says loading, instead of that you should shoot on the net like in pre-game or show your locker room getting ready - so better intro

-Bring back Free For All

-Be able to hire and fire coaches in Be a GM

-There should also be Hall of Fame inductions in Be a GM

-Also, retire numbers in Be a GM

-Better Cup celebrations

-Add NTC's and NMC's

-Get drafted properly like in real life, at the podium

-Add the real international jersey's

-Add playoff beards - younger players like Crosby, Raymond can have a little moustache or like a sideburn

Definitely a big one for me. I wish they had the real life goal horns of each team, don't get why only a few do. I play with certain teams because I like their horns

New announcers

New voices for a new generation. NHL 15 welcomes the NBC Sports commentary team of Mike 'Doc' Emrick and Eddie Olczyk to the broadcast booth. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide game insights at ice level. Combined with Real Life Broadcast Integration that will feature real-world pre-game video commentary with Doc and Eddie set against in-game visuals, NHL 15 takes a revolutionary step forward in sports videogames; where the lines between the real world of sport broadcast and the game are blurred.

This isnt Nhl 15 related but for those that want the true goal horns and more true between play music then check this group out from the operation sports website. They put together all of the goal horns, intros and music for teams. It can be tedious to place each of these in the custom music interface but with patience it makes the game better.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sounds-forum/670769-cycloniacs-nhl-14-music-pack.html

Also, there is a group that redoes all of the rosters in the game which plays much more true and adds much more realism to the game. Also, prospects grow more proper.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-rosters/652691-nhl-14-revamped.html

For those of you that dont want to buy the game every season there are groups that run updates for the older games as well on that website. I wont link that one though. Just go look.

Lastly,

Here is a link to details for NHL 15 that im sure someone has already posted. New commentary and new presentation. Hopefully this is the first "new" NHL game in the last few years. The we will buy NHL 15 redux until the next gen consoles come out again.

Edit: forgot link to last part. http://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl15/ps4

Edit: Copied and pasted from EA website. http://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl15/ps4
12 Player NHL Collision Physics
For the first time in any sports game, real-world physics affects every player through every on-ice collision with the new 12 Player NHL ® Collision Physics. Utilizing the power of the next generation consoles, and building off the critically-acclaimed NHL Collision Physics system, every player on the ice is governed by physics at all times. Feel the hard-hitting chaos of NHL hockey through true-to-life secondary collisions, net scrambles and player pileups, capturing the desperation of every shift.
NHL15_Products_Feature1_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Real Puck Physics
The puck is one of the most complex items in the game to authentically replicate and it finally gets its due in NHL 15. Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice, including the ice surface itself, is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins, rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game.
NHL15_Products_Feature2_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Authentic Player & Equipment Models
The Next Generation Hockey Player has been rebuilt from the ice up. Now player models have three distinct layers - the body, equipment, and jersey. Each layer interacts independently, making every contact with the puck or other players even more realistic. Dynamic Cloth technology adds an extra layer of realism as it reacts to the player’s movement as they explode up the ice, helping bring the speed of the game to life.
NHL15_Products_Feature3_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Unprecedented Player Likeness
Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking player likeness, emotion and animation. From the strides a player takes to get up the ice to the emotion on their face after scoring a game winning goal, the players are as real as they’ve ever been.
NHL15_Products_Feature4_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Superstar Skill Stick
Now all the tools of an NHL superstar are in your hands. The revolutionary Skill Stick has evolved to give even more control to the player. Protect the puck, receive passes without breaking stride, and discover an arsenal of sweet new dekes, all with an intuitive right stick control scheme that is easy to use but packed with depth.
NHL15_Products_Feature5_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Authentic Arenas
There is no feeling like being there, and we are giving you the best seats in the house. The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements from 19,000+ seat capacities to lighting and player entrance tunnels are captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. Now those home games will truly feel like home.
NHL15_Products_Feature10_fg.png?cb=2014-
New Commentary Team
New voices for a new generation. NHL 15 welcomes the NBC Sports commentary team of Mike 'Doc' Emrick and Eddie Olczyk to the broadcast booth. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide game insights at ice level. Combined with Real Life Broadcast Integration that will feature real-world pre-game video commentary with Doc and Eddie set against in-game visuals, NHL 15 takes a revolutionary step forward in sports videogames; where the lines between the real world of sport broadcast and the game are blurred.
NHL15_Products_Feature7_fg.png?cb=2014-0
NBC Sports Game Day Presentation
The most realistic broadcast package in a video game to-date is possible because of a new partnership with NBC Sports. Set the scene with the NHL on NBC crew welcoming you to the city during the game intros and immerse yourself in an experience that matches what you see on television with NHL on NBC graphics and branding.
NHL15_Products_Feature8_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Living Crowds
NHL 15 sets a new standard in videogames with over 9,000 individual crowd models with 4x the animations of previous generations. Take a look through the glass and you’ll see fans hold up signs with your name on them, costume wearing superfans, or even sections full of team rivals rooting against you. Feel their behavior change after dropping the gloves, landing a big hit, or scoring a clutch goal. The crowd is alive.
NHL15_Products_Feature9_fg.png?cb=2014-0
Vision AI
An elevated level of player intelligence, Vision AI features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays. Scoring area recognition, pass anticipation, and enhanced team breakouts all improve the flow of the game.
NHL15_Products_Feature6_fg.png?cb=2014-0

So all these changes are only for the next gen consoles?

There are a couple changes for the old consoles but for the most part yes you are correct.

Old consoles get the new commentators and new player physics but other than that not much.

Archived