The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Pittsburgh ownership wants Bylsma gone. (Shero may also be on the block)

Shero for GM, Benning for Assistant GM....

Shero is a wizard when it comes to trades. Got Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski. I hope we could get both of them here and start building a championship team.

That would be a lateral move for Benning.

He likely only leaves Boston if he gets the general manager position.

Shero for GM, Benning for Assistant GM....

Shero is a wizard when it comes to trades. Got Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski. I hope we could get both of them here and start building a championship team.

Benning isn't going to leave Boston, where he's an assistant GM, to come to Vancouver to be an assistant GM.

I don't want either of them. Shero is reckless.

Why? Shero has actually been good at trades unlike Gillis. He got B. Sutter for Jordan Staal, Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski, got Jussi Jokinen for a song etc.

I could see him trading Edler and getting back the same value he got for Goligoski. Maybe duping SJ to give us Nieto and Wingles.

Benning isn't going to leave Boston, where he's an assistant GM, to come to Vancouver to be an assistant GM.

Maybe get Benning for GM and hire Shero as an Assistant GM. Not sure Shero would go for that though.

I don't understand why Shero got the chop?

He's kept Malkin and Syd the kid on board, re signed Letang, traded for Neal, Jokinen and Kunitz who compliment their superstars... And helped bring on board complimentary talent from low draft picks. Even when trading away guys for deadline support every year. This year he picked up Goc. Maata and Bortuzzo are not the reason they lost, nor Bennett. That they had rookies they could call in is a coup in my books.

Hardly his fault Crosby came in 26th in the play off's in scoring?

Maybe some difference in philosophy with Super Mario...

Sounds like Trev is close to nailing down his man. But I would not mind adding Shero to the list!

Now that this is no longer a rumor shouldn't it say confirmed on the title?

Shero was a great gm but sometimes you've got to change the culture. Pits has 2 of the top 5 players in the game and they aren't about to change them. Easier to change a coach and gm to shake up the players.

I for one would love to snag shero as our gm.

I don't understand why Shero got the chop?

He's kept Malkin and Syd the kid on board, re signed Letang, traded for Neal, Jokinen and Kunitz who compliment their superstars... And helped bring on board complimentary talent from low draft picks. Even when trading away guys for deadline support every year. This year he picked up Goc. Maata and Bortuzzo are not the reason they lost, nor Bennett. That they had rookies they could call in is a coup in my books.

Hardly his fault Crosby came in 26th in the play off's in scoring?

Maybe some difference in philosophy with Super Mario...

Sounds like Trev is close to nailing down his man. But I would not mind adding Shero to the list!

Done with Americans running the Canucks, no offense.

I was also surprised about Shero. Rumours of discord among the players is rift. Maybe some fallout about Shero not addressing that? Not like the Penns do not have enough weapons. Get rid of Fleury and bring in another dman and that group takes another run.

Done with Americans running the Canucks, no offense.

I was also surprised about Shero. Rumours of discord among the players is rift. Maybe some fallout about Shero not addressing that? Not like the Penns do not have enough weapons. Get rid of Fleury and bring in another dman and that group takes another run.

I forgot they need Kesler no matter what the cost. :)

Archived