The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will Benning draft?

Tangerines

One scenario I could see playing out would be us trading up to land Ekblad or Reinhart with our 6th + depth players for FLAs 1st and then us flipping Kesler to ANA for the 10th overall and us drafting either Virtanen or Perlini. (Virtanen just had shoulder surgery and will be out until mid Oct. So he probably wont attend the combine thus potentially dropping his drafting position.)

Just something I could see happening. I definitely think there is a log jam at our d as well and one of our veteran players will likely be moved. I could see Ekblad being our Chara. not as big but an impact franchise d man. The only thing I hope is we dont get rid of Shinkaruk. He is my fav player in our system and the only player I have been truly excited about in a long time.

Be nice to land Ekblad @ #1st and Virtanen @ #10th. :D

One can dream. Just a scenario I could see materializing.

That would be a scenareo where I would weep manly tears of joy.

IMHO 6th overall (Ehlers Nylander Ritchie ) plus Tanev >>>>> Ekblad.

You need to give up the idea of Ehlers or Nylander in a Canucks uniform.

The team will draft a player who can score and play with a mean disposition.

Aqua Man has already made it clear he would give up skill for toughness and I agree

Linden and Benning are gonna draft for scoring and some one who will mix it up now and then

Ritchie

Virtanen

Tuch...

and so forth

Aqua Man has already made it clear he would give up skill for toughness and I agree

Linden and Benning are gonna draft for scoring and some one who will mix it up now and then

Thankfully "aquaman" isn't our gm or our team would be a bunch of Tom Sestito's then

Ritchie

Virtanen

Tuch...

and so forth

What is the point of posting if you are just going to make up outright lies? Hiding behind a computer using a fake name to spit lies out doesnt add much to the conversation.

I want you to consider your logic while making up your lies. It has to be realistic if people are going to believe your horse crap.

No GM of a pro hockey team is going to say he gladly trades speed and skill for toughness while drafting in the top 10. Let alone an owner of a 400million dollar franchise. He would be universally mocked as a buffoon.

Only way Tanev should be moved is if the deal is bringing in another top 5 pick without losing 6th otherwise I could see the trade down for 8th & getting a 2015 1st

I'd trade Tanev if we could grab a young talented offensive minded player (Kadri for example) and then trade up for the 1st and grab Ekblad that would be well worth it.

IMO people have to think do they want to get push around in the playoffs in years to come. I don't want to which is why Linden and Benning wont choose Ehlers and Nylander. There small and will get absoulutaly crushed in the western conference. It comes down to Ritchie and Virtanen

If people want a tough guy and pure goal scorer Virtanen is your guy

You want a mean in your face guy that can still chip in Offensively (Lucic not as mean and probably wont score 60 points but can play that type of game)

IMO people have to think do they want to get push around in the playoffs in years to come. I don't want to which is why Linden and Benning wont choose Ehlers and Nylander. There small and will get absoulutaly crushed in the western conference. It comes down to Ritchie and Virtanen

If people want a tough guy and pure goal scorer Virtanen is your guy

You want a mean in your face guy that can still chip in Offensively (Lucic not as mean and probably wont score 60 points but can play that type of game)

you sicken me with your lack of knowledge and actual scouting.

What is the point of posting if you are just going to make up outright lies? Hiding behind a computer using a fake name to spit lies out doesnt add much to the conversation.

I want you to consider your logic while making up your lies. It has to be realistic if people are going to believe your horse crap.

No GM of a pro hockey team is going to say he gladly trades speed and skill for toughness while drafting in the top 10. Let alone an owner of a 400million dollar franchise. He would be universally mocked as a buffoon.

Ok straw man. I said the Canucks would gladly trade some skill for toughness. I didn't say draft acomplete goon with #6 pick who will only play 6-8 mins a game.

Its my opinion that Benning or Linden or who ever has final say will not pick a skilled smurf like Ehlers or Nylander over a skilled, hard nosed player with speed and tenacity. Face facts my man there is no chance they draft the guy you have convinced yourself is the next Patrick Kane... understand?

Its not horse crap. Its an opinion and I aint the only one on here who's posted one.

If they want a cornerstone franchise player then they should try to move up into the top 3 and if not hope one of the top 5 falls.

Reinhart is my dream pick in this draft. I think he fits the bill.

^^^^^

THIS

If this doesn't happen draft Ehlers ;)

Archived