The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quit being gullible, you are the problem with this team.

canuckster19

I can just imagine Kesler partrolling CDC to see how his popularity is. Something tells me no one in the Canucks organization gives two s***s what we say here.

not only that, but he has graphs of everything everyone on here says-- he's developed his own "approval rating"

Why doesn't team 1040 shut the fuck, they are also to blame for all the bullshit that they talk about on a daily bases. And the "canuck fans" eat that shit up and regiritate it up to other fans.

They make up shit about this player or that player.

They media plays a role in this mess and the fans pile on like sheep that they are.

Bure would have never lefted if the media stopped asking him the most retarded questions.

If you ever watch Bieska give an interview, I can see in his mind that these questions are retarded and he knows the media asks these types of question to keep the Canucks soap opera interesting for them to report on.

Kesler, I hope to see him win a cup and retire with #17 in the rafters but if he doesn't get that chance. I hope to GOD that management didn't allow the fans to sway their judgement.

Why doesn't team 1040 shut the frack, they are also to blame for all the bull that they talk about on a daily bases. And the "canuck fans" eat that crap up and regiritate it up to other fans.

They make up crap about this player or that player.

They media plays a role in this mess and the fans pile on like sheep that they are.

Bure would have never lefted if the media stopped asking him the most retarded questions.

If you ever watch Bieska give an interview, I can see in his mind that these questions are retarded and he knows the media asks these types of question to keep the Canucks soap opera interesting for them to report on.

Kesler, I hope to see him win a cup and retire with #17 in the rafters but if he doesn't get that chance. I hope to GOD that management didn't allow the fans to sway their judgement.

i didn't know people still listened to team1040. they get most of their material from farhan lalji anyways

Well I tried, the point went above everyone's head... might as well close it. No hope at all.

I better bloody well clarify myself again since people seem to want everything spelled out for them, I have lost faith in the fanbase, not the team.

Well "former moderator" canuckster, you come across as a self righteous, condescending douche bag from your posts. I'd like to see evidence that Canucks management ever cares / acts on such a "rumour mongering" forum such as this. I seriously doubt you could provide any such evidence and it just sounds like a bunch of whining over a forum that doesn't make club decisions. Oh well.

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

When you ask what is wrong with this team, look at yourself first.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

Do you mean to say these words Im typing right now... are more firmly intertwined with what happens on the ice then anything else? I hope I dont make any spelling mistakes.

There is plenty of undue criticism around here in the form of trolling.

Otherwise it comes in the form of genuine concern for the team and the desire for the Canucks to be successful. Pragmatism is the status quo.

To illustrate, lets say the brass of a random team refuses to make a move that will probably improve their squad because it might hurt the feelings of the player involved. They obviously need to find a new line of work.

I am sympathetic, but you need to see it for what it really is.

There is no reason to take any of it personally, and certainly not to the utmost extreme where you scapegoat the entire fan base.

That's not the point I was trying to make, I'll wish him the best if he is traded and be fine with it, what I won't do is believe second hand rumours that he doesn't want to be a part of this team, I refuse to take part in rumour mongering that has plagued this team for decades.

Well here is the problem.

Kess has publically stated he never asked to be traded, but what else is he supposed to say?

Last year the Canucks were obviously talking to a few teams about a possible Kesler trade, some teams came out publically that they wanted him.

If Kesler didn't initiate it by asking for a trade why would the Canucks be shopping a player with a NTC?

Its fairly obvious what happened, don't you think?

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

When you ask what is wrong with this team, look at yourself first.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

Emo and self loathing. Thats new.

The rumors about Kesler are being discussed because where there is smoke, there is fire. The media isn't the only place where I've heard about Keslers potential unhappiness.

Its out there, and the fact that the team is treating him now like they did with luongo when scheider got traded and they had to consult with him and "his concerns" indicates he is rocking the boat in one way or another.

Well said, C19, and something I've stated in threads that are trying to stir up yet another goalie "controversy". Why would we do that? Feed that beast? It's bad enough that the team has to contend with negative press and other teams, let alone the fan base rocking the boat.

Support, don't scrutinize. There are people in place to identify issues and then address them...we don't need to do that. Although a discussion board includes discussion of all sorts, the negative tends to generate steam at times and just look what happened when the masses called for MG's head. Not that I'm convinced decisions were based on the chanting, but I think that may have been the final shove.

I hate the Kes stuff because he, himself, has said this is all news to him. I accept that and, until further notice, don't need to look beyond it. He's one of (if not) our best ... let's show him the love instead of writing see ya later cards?

I support this thread 100%. Although I do think that, as above, where there's smoke there usually IS fire I look back to Lu to see things can change in a heartbeat. So ride out the waves and let it be. And now I have a Beatles' song stuck in my head for the day.

If this team is ever to win, the team/media/fan relationship needs to be repaired.

-Winning-capable, driven talent.

-Ultra-homeristic, Canucks can do no wrong coverage.

-Savage fanatics in the stands.

It's quite aways away, but when the time comes we should all realize it's One goal, One objective, One purpose. Get this team a cup.

Right now the talent is broken, the media is from TO, and the fans are easily misled rioters.

Well here is the problem.

Kess has publically stated he never asked to be traded, but what else is he supposed to say?

Last year the Canucks were obviously talking to a few teams about a possible Kesler trade, some teams came out publically that they wanted him.

If Kesler didn't initiate it by asking for a trade why would the Canucks be shopping a player with a NTC?

Its fairly obvious what happened, don't you think?

Did anyone from the Canucks organization actually come out and say this? If you have a link to someone who works in the NHL and not some media hack like Dreger or Botchford, please let me know. Gillis never said it, Linden and Benning haven't said it.

Emo and self loathing. Thats new.

The rumors about Kesler are being discussed because where there is smoke, there is fire. The media isn't the only place where I've heard about Keslers potential unhappiness.

Its out there, and the fact that the team is treating him now like they did with luongo when scheider got traded and they had to consult with him and "his concerns" indicates he is rocking the boat in one way or another.

Nope, so you make up negative conclusions about the team from media writers who aren't enamoured with the Canucks nor have any actual insight into the team.

I'm beginning to think a lot of these fans are plants just to get the sheep all riled up.

OP's statement offers no proof for his salacious insinuation that we are being controlled by the eastern media types.

There is plenty proof in the responses I have got, thank you, you see how easily that worked out for me? I've been a fan of this team so long, I know how the sheep work.

Did anyone from the Canucks organization actually come out and say this? If you have a link to someone who works in the NHL and not some media hack like Dreger or Botchford, please let me know. Gillis never said it, Linden and Benning haven't said it.

Said what? As I pointed out Kess said he never asked to be traded?

Pittsburgh for one said they wanted Kess,

There are links to all of that, I have no idea what it is you are asking for! Could you be a little more specific? Thanks!

Said what? As I pointed out Kess said he never asked to be traded?

Pittsburgh for one said they wanted Kess,

There are links to all of that, I have no idea what it is you are asking for! Could you be a little more specific? Thanks!

Yeah I bet 28 other teams would like to have Kesler, doesn't mean he ever said he doesn't want to be a Canuck or was ever willing to waive his NTC does it?

Again... show me which member of the Canucks org. said Kes was on the market.

Archived