The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

Just give the guy some time. He's young and still getting acclamated to the NHL. Honestly, on a lot of nights, I thought Schroeder was more useful than Kassian. (Esp in the 2012-2013 season.) He had a tough season with injuries and playing in Tort's system. I'm willing to bet he becomes a lot better under the speed and skill system.

I think Schroeder would benefit from being given a new chance in a different organization, particularly if we draft another center this year.

He's shown before that he's not overly competent on the wing, and I don't see him beating out Horvat and Gaunce in the future for center spots. Then we've got Cole Cassels who seems to be developing pretty well, and if we pick another center we'll have another one in the pipeline.

I earlier said add him in all proposals but i am thinking more about it and his trade value is really low and some players with a lot of skill do take time to bloom out and he could be a guy like that. With that potential and the little trade value makes no sense to trade him. Give him a chance and if not he could be a good vet in utica and called up when needed

I earlier said add him in all proposals but i am thinking more about it and his trade value is really low and some players with a lot of skill do take time to bloom out and he could be a guy like that. With that potential and the little trade value makes no sense to trade him. Give him a chance and if not he could be a good vet in utica and called up when needed

he can't go to Utica without being placed on waivers, then you lose him for nothing

In my opinion, he did enough last year to warrant a spot on the roster assuming he's improved since last year. I think this year could be a breakout season for him assuming he doesn't get injured.

Being injured for the vast majority of the 1st half of the season leads me to believe he did nothing last year to warrant another contract.

Henrik Sedin,,,,1st line centre

Kesler.....2nd line centre

Mattias....3rd line centre

Richardson....4th line centre

He is not going to bump any of the above....so I don't see a spot for him. He either stays in Utica and gets spot duty as a callup or he gets packaged in a trade.

Any comparisons to Martin St. Louis is like comparing a 5 to a 10.

I hope he gets a shot somewhere but I don't see it for him in Vancouver.

it would be so bad ass if he all the sudden broke out and his junior skills piled up 30 goals next year under the new regime lol.

Not likely but it would be sweet if he beat Horvat at camp. Just means we got 2 nhlers on our hands

The guy bench presses 400 lbs. He's 23 and is an offensive minded playmaker. Qualify him for sure and try get him to Utica for some playing time. We need to stock our farm team and develop our assets. When are Canuck fans gonna wake up and understand the importance of a farm team that wins? Giving up on him now would be a very short sighted (no pun intended) and knee jerk move.

Henrik Sedin,,,,1st line centre

Kesler.....2nd line centre

Mattias....3rd line centre

Richardson....4th line centre

He is not going to bump any of the above....so I don't see a spot for him. He either stays in Utica and gets spot duty as a callup or he gets packaged in a trade.

Any comparisons to Martin St. Louis is like comparing a 5 to a 10.

I hope he gets a shot somewhere but I don't see it for him in Vancouver.

Mattias did and will play left wing last season IMO, the roster is short of left wingers. He did well in that role ( one of the few bright spots ) with Richardson at Centre and Kassian on the other side. Would Schroeder be able to fill the spot Richards played, I don't know. Certainly the 4th line needs some skill added to it if the intention is to play 4 lines. I recall Momeso and Sandalak ( twin towers ) looked good with Cliff Ronning. I'd be surprised if they let him go without a try out at camp...after that it's up to him if he plays in Vcr, Utica or gets picked up on waivers

Mattias did and will play left wing last season IMO, the roster is short of left wingers. He did well in that role ( one of the few bright spots ) with Richardson at Centre and Kassian on the other side. Would Schroeder be able to fill the spot Richards played, I don't know. Certainly the 4th line needs some skill added to it if the intention is to play 4 lines. I recall Momeso and Sandalak ( twin towers ) looked good with Cliff Ronning. I'd be surprised if they let him go without a try out at camp...after that it's up to him if he plays in Vcr, Utica or gets picked up on waivers

If Mattias moves to left wing, sure give him a shot. 4th line? Management has said that they want a bigger 3rd and 4th line so I don't see how Schroeder fills that criteria.

Schoreder hasn't been given a fair chance to make the team due to injuries and coaches not giving their youth a chance to make mistakes and learn. But then I look at where he fits in and the only spot I see making sense is the 3C and I feel someone younger like a Horvat will come in and get that chance.

I don't see a fit for him anymore unless he starts playing a bigger game for a smaller guy. Maybe a 2-year 2 way deal.

If Mattias moves to left wing, sure give him a shot. 4th line? Management has said that they want a bigger 3rd and 4th line so I don't see how Schroeder fills that criteria.

Mattias is on the Vcr depth chart at LW. I don't see a problem with playing Schroeder in the same role as Cliff Ronning on the third line, two behemoths wingers on either side. It would help immensely if Richardson was centring the 4th line, with more skill. I quite liked Zalewski as a 4th line winger with Sestito as the 13th forward. Richardson, Hansen and Zalewski or Archibald gives you speed and tenacity

Do people who are saying bust realize the kid hasn't even had one full year in the NHL? LOL!!!

ONE FULL YEAR?

2013 31 gp 9 pts = 25 pts / season prorated

2014 25 gp 6 pts and full of injuries and playing on the 4th line = 20 pts /season prorated

average of 22 pts first two season

as some comparison

Alex Burrows

first year 43 gp 12 pts = 23 pts/season prorated

second year 81 gp 9 pts = 9 pts

Average of 16 pts over the first 2 years

Ryan Kesler

first year 28 gp 5pts = 15 pts/season prorated

second year 82 gp 23 pts = 23 pts /season

Average over first two years = 19 pts

Martin St Louis

First year 13 games 2 pts = 13 pts prorated

Second year 56 games 18 pts = 26 pts prorated

Average of 19pts over the first two years

in an injury plagued season (which folks impacts your play) his point totals are better than Burrows, and Kesler and St. Louis in their first 2 years, when prorating for full years (and averaging the 2 year ppg).

And I am sure all the fools saying bust here would have called those three busts too! Just like Kassian is a bust!

Give him a one year deal and see what he can do when healthy. Put him between two big wingers (Kassian and Kesler if still here or Kassian/Mathias/Booth/Jensen) and he'll show he has the talent to play.

Anyone who understands hockey knows a couple of things about small players and bigger players/power forwards.Both take a little more time to find their game and how to contribute.

And based on stats, Schroeder is actually doing better than Burr and Kesler and St.Louis did in their first years so in actual fact he's AHEAD of the game.

I guess Gallagher is too small too, see what happens when an offensive player is played where he should? On the top two lines? he contributes offensively.Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows you can't play a player like Schroeder in a checking role, you need size and speed for that not just speed as there is alot of board battles, traffic creating, and hitting required. So playing him as a 3/4 center is just STUPID....Its the same as everyone bitching that the twins shouldn't be killing penalties. Should Daniel go out there and be responsible for establishing the physical presence on our team? If he is told to and doesn't is he a bust? NO he's been put in a position to FAIL not succeed.

Smart teams play players where they need to play to succeed, for some reason this team seems to think everyone needs to play the fourth line for 4 years even if they are not suited.

Its actually a credit to Schroeder that he's been able to play at a level on par / better than those three did (as examples) and play in a role that he's not suited for.

Oh and PLEASE LEARN TO THINK and use some stats to back up your foolish claims of busteroo

If you compared Schroeder to someone like Tyler Ennis in BUF who was drafted 1 season before Schroeder with similar size/skill and consider BUF has less veteran C depth so Ennis has the advantage in games played so far. Schroeder's development curve is right where it should be.

Ennis is also an RFA, made over $2.8m last season, needs to be qualified for more than that. Schroeder was signed at $0.6m last season...

Solid prospect IMO. And I would think his value to teams without cap room and/or C depth would be huge.

Archived