The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

This is absolutely what our organization needs atm. Me and you have discussed this before and as you said we would now get assets to make a deal with Buffalo or Florida. I do agree try a 3rd rounder but if it has to be a 2nd then so be it.

If Florida is in fact going to take Ekblad, then Buffalo is our target. I think even if Florida trades it, it will be to Edmonton who will select Ekblad anyways.

So potentially we could walk away from the draft with Etem, Dal Colle/Nylander/Ehlers, Ritchie/Virtanen/Kapanen, Lemieux/Vrana/Sanheim.

That alone would be a hell of a draft. Not to mention the possibility of trading up and getting Reinhart with the number 2.

Potentially:

Dal Colle - Reinhart - Vrana

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Etem

Depending on what Buffalo wants, we could package together the 10th and 36th along with Markstrom and Tanev for the 2nd overall.

No, no Etem is the guy we need. He will be a very good player.

We need forwards more than we do defense.

Etem or Silfverberg, 10th and 24th

We need forwards more than we do defense.

Etem or Silfverberg, 10th and 24th

Forwards? You kidding? We need puck moving D more than anything. Our d prospect pool is crap

We need a puck moving Dman, Theodore is going to be a stud. Much rather grab him, I think Etem is going to be another Higgins aka 2-3 tweener.

If we trade up and grab Reinhart while keeping 6 and draft say Nylander. Forwards are ok

Top6

Left

Shink

Center

Reinhart

Horvat

Nylander

Right

Kassian

Jensen

And we have a few guys for bottom 6

Forwards? You kidding? We need puck moving D more than anything. Our d prospect pool is crap

Then we should draft our own with the 24th or the 36th.

We have too much money tied up in D right now as it is. Until some of these D contracts are cleared out, we're better off drafting high end forwards IMO.

We are capable of drafting a puck moving D with one of the 1sts and Silfverberg is young roster player and Etem is pretty close. We have no room for a roster defenseman besides in the bottom 6 and even then we have Stanton, Corrado, Weber or an UFA

Silfverberg would be great but I highly doubt they trade him, especially both firsts as well. That's crazy.

No deal then or Etem instead of him.

Then we should draft our own with the 24th or the 36th.

We have too much money tied up in D right now as it is. Until some of these D contracts are cleared out, we're better off drafting high end forwards IMO.

We are capable of drafting a puck moving D with one of the 1sts and Silfverberg is young roster player and Etem is pretty close. We have no room for a roster defenseman besides in the bottom 6 and even then we have Stanton, Corrado, Weber .

Dmen are harder to predict and take longer to develop. Think the better move is grab D we know developed well, draft the forward.

Either way, I am excited about this draft and next year!!

Either way, I think this means the deal is almost there. Just need to squeeze Murray as much as we can.

Unless another team like Philly or Pittsburgh swoops in and makes a better offer, this is likely the best deal we're going to get.

Another thing that we're adding in the deal is 5 million dollars in cap space. That means we could be players in the free agent market this summer too.

"Heard it on 1040" is not the same as "reported from a reliable source". Was it really offered or just fielded as what ANA would be willing to give up? And do we even want picks when we still have a good chunk of our core? Turning a pick into a roster player doesn't take 2 years. It takes 5+. That timing makes no sense for our club.

Personally I think we've got a hell of a seller's market set up for Kesler. We can get a bonafide 1st liner in a Kesler deal then go after Statsny through free agency if we buyout Booth.

Couturier should be the target.

Can play 2nd line minutes now, has the talent to be a 1st liner.

6'4 and 200bs at 21

Kesler Higgins for Couturier

U believe he has enough offensive upside to be a 1c? Really?

I think he is a great player, love to have him on our team but isn't a 1c

"Heard it on 1040" is not the same as "reported from a reliable source". Was it really offered or just fielded as what ANA would be willing to give up? And do we even want picks when we still have a good chunk of our core? Turning a pick into a roster player doesn't take 2 years. It takes 5+. That timing makes no sense for our club.

Personally I think we've got a hell of a seller's market set up for Kesler. We can get a bonafide 1st liner in a Kesler deal then go after Statsny through free agency if we buyout Booth.

How doesnt 5+ years make sense?

Imagine if Benning traded up while retaining our 6th, then he pulls of that rumoured deal.

1st, 6th and 10th !!!!

Then we select Reinhart, Nylander, Fluery

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kassian

Nylander - Reinhart - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Etem - Horvat

Gaunce - Matthias - Cassels

:emot-parrot::frantic:

Archived