The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

You don't know that Kesler asked for a trade and no one else does either. Kesler himself said that he never asked for a trade and the Canucks have not said anything either.

More likely, the team has asked him if he sees himself signing a long term deal here, after his current deal expires. Kesler, like all veteran players, probably said he wants to win and win now...so unless the team is a contender, he would look to sign elsewhere.

At which point the team would ask if he'd waive his NTC and for which teams.

Kesler has been a warrior for us and I am tired of him being described as a malcontent who wants out. It's not that simple.

First of all we do have some information:

Trade rumors circulated when he was at the Olympics, supposedly from Kane. After that rumors swirled that Chicago is/was the forerunner in the list of possible trade candidates.

Secondly:

Kes has a NTC, correct? Well during the trade deadline we were all given a glimpse at a prank Lack pulled on Kes. The guess what you are traded prank, if Kes has a NTC why did he react the way he did? Normal response is "dude I have a NTC I can't be moved".

He asked to be traded which is why he was vulnerable to that prank and the team knew it... Lack knew it.

The East is absolutely wide open..

Ny, Pit, Mtl, Bos, Phi, Clb

are all contenders why wouldn't Philly make a huge push for Kesler to compete while Lecaviler and Hartnell can still play

Couturier is a A+ Prospect but Kesler is a game breaker

Kesler, Higgins, for Couturier and a 1st

I think FL will keep the 1st overall, and I will be very surprised if they don't take Ekblad.

Florida has lots of young depth up front. They need a future anchor on their defense.

If we're going to trade up or straight acquire, #2 should be our target.

IMO, return that we get for Kesler should be fairly close to or more than Rick Nash trade. No, Kesler doesn't have quite the same stats, but he's a better overall player and has accomplished far more than Nash has in his career so far. As we are seeing in the finals, Nash is not exactly rising to the occasion like Kesler did in the playoffs. In addition, Kesler doesn't have a stifling 7.8 million dollar cap hit.

Just my opinion!

Trade rumors circulated when he was at the Olympics, supposedly from Kane. After that rumors swirled that Chicago is/was the forerunner in the list of possible trade candidates.

Secondly:

Kes has a NTC, correct? Well during the trade deadline we were all given a glimpse at a prank Lack pulled on Kes. The guess what you are traded prank, if Kes has a NTC why did he react the way he did? Normal response is "dude I have a NTC I can't be moved".

He asked to be traded which is why he was vulnerable to that prank and the team knew it... Lack knew it.

Or he was approached by former gmmg about the possibility and was open to being traded, in that instance he did not specifically ask to be traded but was still vulnerable to the prank

Secondly:

Or he was approached by former gmmg about the possibility and was open to being traded, in that instance he did not specifically ask to be traded but was still vulnerable to the prank

Not worth arguing about it. Some people will never believe in climate change.

True.

However due to the other things that hypothetically came to light and the time it started to be revealed kinda suggests that this isn't the case.

Kesler

For

Theodore/Vatenan 24, 10

I'm with the Doc. We need D, and especially one that can be the PMD/PPQB that we rarely ever seem to have. Hutton, McNally, Subban, etc. are all at least a couple years away.

If we're getting the 10th, unless they really want Fleury I see them taking Virtanen after taking another forward at #6 (or #1 if they get it). That gives us local boys in Shea and Jake, and possibly Reinhart. It also makes it more practical to move a current D for a jump to the #1.

^pretty much the Kesler template except will be lesser value return as Kes will get the most and set the bar (lower it) for Spezza and Thornton.

Means we won't be getting him if that's the price.

You're delusional. Thorton played harder minutes than Kesler, got 48% o-zone starts, and still posted 76 points. Kesler played slightly easier comp, got similar zone starts, and posted only 56% of the points Thornton did.

From what I can see on capgeek, Next year is Spezza's last, he will then be a free agent. That in itself will drive his value down, unless of course there is a resigning agreement.

Exactly. Multiple years of a dirt cheap Kesler is worth a LOT more than one year of Spezza.

You're delusional. Thorton played harder minutes than Kesler, got 48% o-zone starts, and still posted 76 points. Kesler played slightly easier comp, got similar zone starts, and posted only 56% of the points Thornton did.

Look at the linemates differences. Thornton make team Canada? No. Kesler make team USA? Yes, and a matter of fact was 1st like centre alongside Patty Kane and Parise.

Also, Thornton is 34 with a cap of $6.75 mill. Kes is 29 with a cap of $5 mill. Kesler shows up every game. Jumbo 'no show' Joe come playoffs. Not eve close.

Look at the linemates differences. Thornton make team Canada? No. Kesler make team USA? Yes, and a matter of fact was 1st like centre alongside Patty Kane and Parise.

Also, Thornton is 34 with a cap of $6.75 mill. Kes is 29 with a cap of $5 mill. Kesler shows up every game. Jumbo 'no show' Joe come playoffs. Not eve close.

And how did team USA do ? It's also a far cry from the truth to say Kesler shows up every game.

Kesler shows up every game????? Ok sure he shows up most games he plays but how many games has he played per season recently? He hardly shows up every game unless you were going to say he shows up on the IR every game, then you'd be a little more on track.

Edit: is this Cory's X? Next time kess "shows up" when he should be playing kick him out.

And how did team USA do ? It's also a far cry from the truth to say Kesler shows up every game.

They lost by one goal to the gold medal team and Kes was pretty much their best player.

Are you a Kes hater? the guy is a great hockey player. He can play 1st or 2nd line, kills penalties and be on the 1st unit power play. What more do you want?

Archived