The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

do they throw body checks legally in basketball?

would you take a linebacker who couldnt bench 100lbs in the nfl?

apples and oranges. DONT compare basketball to hockey man.

But why are you bringing the NFL into it now too? .. I am so confused .. :P

Trade Kesler to Buffalo in exchange for their 2nd overall pick. Then use that 2nd overall pick to draft Reinhart. Then since Calgary is showing quite a bit of interest towards Virtanen, Dal Colle would fall to us at 6 and we draft him. That would be perfect :o

Then we could have a Dal Colle - Reinhart - Jensen line. Omg yes.

Gary Mason was on Team1040 today and said that it is a very strong rumor from an NHL scout that Benning is going to try very hard to trade up and draft this kid.

Heard that segnment and he said he thinks would take something significant to get that pick

I hope Benning doesn't do anything stupid by shipping out Bo or Hunter to make a deal. If Florida or Buf are looking to trade down, I doubt they would do it unless they get a roster player and prospect. I like Reinhart as a prospect but within reason

Trade Kesler to Buffalo in exchange for their 2nd overall pick. Then use that 2nd overall pick to draft Reinhart. Then since Calgary is showing quite a bit of interest towards Virtanen, Dal Colle would fall to us at 6 and we draft him. That would be perfect :o

Then we could have a Dal Colle - Reinhart - Jensen line. Omg yes.

... and Kesler would waive to play in Buffalo because...?

Gary Mason was on Team1040 today and said that it is a very strong rumor from an NHL scout that Benning is going to try very hard to trade up and draft this kid.

Oh god. I hope this isn't true. Sorry, but Reinhart isn't that much better, if at all, than anyone we could have at 6th. Guys like Horvat should be untouchable. In fact, quite alot of our prospects that could be helpful to us in the future should be off limits.

People are idiots if they honestly believe it is worth paying out the ass just to move up only five spots for a chance at one prospect that has no guarantees. I hope to hell that Benning isn't a screwball like the some people here on CDC.

Oh god. I hope this isn't true. Sorry, but Reinhart isn't that much better, if at all, than anyone we could have at 6th. Guys like Horvat should be untouchable. In fact, quite alot of our prospects that could be helpful to us in the future should be off limits.People are idiots if they honestly believe it is worth paying out the ass just to move up only five spots for a chance at one prospect that has no guarantees. I hope to hell that Benning isn't a screwball like the some people here on CDC.

He is better than the 6th OA ..IMO...to me,he has Yzerman quality...but giving up Horvat + 6th is too much....

No.

Dream scenario here:

Benning gets the first overall for a 7th round pick, the 2nd overall for Hansen, then the 10th overall and 24th for Sauve.

We pick

Ekblad

Reinhart

Ritchie

Virtanen

Tuch

One can Only dream

Anybody wanna see if "Benning trades half the core for the first thru sixth picks." <--- Now that's just being silly. :bigblush:

Expect to lose one of our top young players. Either Horvat, Tanev, Shinkaruk, or Jensen.

Horvat Shink and Jensen are most likely non starters due to Tallons wanting no prospects no real picks (barring a top 10 I am sure) and proven players.

Added we are taking a step backwards by losing them when our depth of prospects is so meager to begin with

Tanev I would hate to lose but....

Expect to lose one of our top young players. Either Horvat, Tanev, Shinkaruk, or Jensen.

Nobody's really brought up Shinkaruks name ..but he could be going Floridas way ...Tallon is looking for skilled scoring wingers.(Ehlers,Nylander)..I'd hate to lose him because I think he's going to be a fine player..

Ya I can see Benning trying to give picks, but Tallon asking for Tanev and Jensen or something like that plus the 6th.

Really hope we can swing a deal that allows us to get Reinhart, and keep Bo and Shinkaruk. The other guys are replaceable, but I think Cassels is another one I would keep off the trade list.

I honestly think Ericksson will be in a trade for the 1st overall pick, Florida need to groom someone for the future since they lost Markstrom.

Garisson/Tanev

6th overall pick

Ericksson

Hansen

Grade B Prospect (IE Hutton)

Archived