The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rich Asian Girls: Latest Vancouver Reality Show - Update

DonLever

I would be more specific and call them "Recently landed immigrants from Mainland China whose fathers are/were likely corrupt politicians or the buddy of one".

This show highlights the problems of foreign investor programs and the recent tidal wave of immigrants from Mainland China. I'm very impartial to them. They give the rest of the Chinese community in the Lower Mainland (the majority are already very segregated from other racial groups) a horrible name.

Case in point: rich Mainlanders flying around in a helicopter to pick out which mansions they want in South Surrey/White Rock.

Holy Smokes, talk about being real. +100

Only thing I noticed about the subtitles is the typo.

i guess i only noticed a couple of problems, but sentences like:

"we had two seats and it turned into two"

"other people ... doesn't have my confidence"

seem to suggest its either totally amateur, or the trailer is so intensely edited that the subtitled shots aren't actually in the order they're presented

I would be more specific and call them "Recently landed immigrants from Mainland China whose fathers are/were likely corrupt politicians or the buddy of one".

This show highlights the problems of foreign investor programs and the recent tidal wave of immigrants from Mainland China. I'm very impartial to them. They give the rest of the Chinese community in the Lower Mainland (the majority are already very segregated from other racial groups) a horrible name.

Case in point: rich Mainlanders flying around in a helicopter to pick out which mansions they want in South Surrey/White Rock.

^This.

Im with you brotha,,,

gives a false impression of rich asian girls in Vancouver. I'm currently dating a rich asian girl and she's nothing like those biotches in that video. Total failure. Are they going to make a reality t.v show on asian drivers? Does it mean all asian drivers are bad? epic fail.

Actually, the women in Vancouver, I find, are largely shallow. It probably doesn't help that I grew up in a richer community. Now that it costs so much to live in the city, there's even more shallowness in a city like this.

Meh, men get shallower as the women get shallower.

I said largely... I didn't say all of them. I just said many. Yes, lots of men are shallow as hell.

I think TV shows like the above illustrate what a sad state of society it's become. A jersey shore on the west coast, except the shallowness has always been there. I guess it comes with the territory of being a huge city.

I'm sure it's almost the same in California... Hollywood girls.

I must admit, I've been attracting a lot of FOBS apparently.

I'm not discriminating... it's just that... there is less of a connection when I have trouble understanding what they are saying.

Maybe I'm attracting the wrong crowd.

Every lipstick company touts its fabulous new staying power, but while I've found a few lipsticks that stick around longer than others, I've never found one that really stains the lips ... until now.

This weekend I noticed my friend Maryellen's lipstick was still perfectly in place after hours of walking in the blistering heat with me in Brooklyn. Her secret? 'Chanel,' she said. It's simply the best makeup in Maryellen's opinion and I must say her Ultra Wear Lip Colour was amazing. She dabbed a bit on my hand, told me to wait a couple minutes to let it dry, then had me to try to rub it off. Wouldn't budge and it's still there a day later. Sold! Apparently the lipstick contains shea butter so it isn't drying. A bonus: The other end of the tube is lip gloss for you gloss girls who poo-poo the 'stick. (Maryellen reports the gloss isn't sticky, but like most glosses, needs to be applied often).

From Teh latest obsession at http://beauty.about.com/b/2006/07/18/our-latest-obsession-chanel-lipstick.htm

As someone who loves all cultures, and doesn't mind hard-earned money and business, this show is disgusting.

It seems clear that their target audience is in the US, though, where they can bank on it more. Vancouver is just a nice backdrop and is good for marketing purposes (Vancouver being in the limelight right now for being touted as the greatest city to live in North America).

I agree with everyone's criticism of this show. Shallow, spoilt, surly women. They belong in Beverly Hills/LA.

Archived