The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

this was my initial thought as well, but then i considered how i've been feeling recently that horvat's ceiling may not be all that different than gaunce's anyway.

so i dont know.

Even if it is, we're giving up him plus a decent prospect at number 6.

I don't see how Reinhart is worth both of those.

Even if it is, we're giving up him plus a decent prospect at number 6.

I don't see how Reinhart is worth both of those.

well, if horvat is "redundant" in the sense that gaunce will fill the same role, then giving him up in addition to the 6th overall, which, if all goes as hoped, will end up a second line player, for a guy who should most likely end up as a good two-way first line center makes some sense.

i still dont know if i'd pull the trigger, and i'd definitely rather move a veteran (garrison optimally, and i'd add a 2nd round pick and hansen along with the 6th overall even), but i'd certainly think about it.

this was my initial thought as well, but then i considered how i've been feeling recently that horvat's ceiling may not be all that different than gaunce's anyway.

so i dont know.

If they asked for Gaunce and the 6th though it would be a different story. I would pull the trigger immediately.

well, if horvat is "redundant" in the sense that gaunce will fill the same role, then giving him up in addition to the 6th overall, which, if all goes as hoped, will end up a second line player, for a guy who should most likely end up as a good two-way first line center makes some sense.

Well it's your opinion that Horvat has the same ceiling as Gaunce. It's my opinion that that's not true at all.

From what I saw from both players in the OHL playoffs this year, Gaunce looked slow and disinterested. Horvat on the other hand was winning countless draws, making smart plays, and killing penalties.

At worst Horvat becomes a good third line checker. At worst for Gaunce, he's a career AHLer.

don mentioned it on bmac and taylor this afternoon but i'm not sure the original source. but he said "there are lots of rumors out there" about it.

That would absolutely not be worth it. Reinhart-Horvat-Gaunce would be an excellent first 3 centers in the future.

Hard to believe Benning would trade Horvat after he just came out publicly saying how much he liked Horvat. Could be what Florida asked for, but I don't think Benning entertained that for very long.

horvat has a much higher ceiling than gaunce. alot of people here, as usual are crying away because Horvat looked average in the memorial cup, but ignore that he played in the WJC, was very effective there and his memorial cup team was disinterested, so ya he's a bust lol i have contacts in the ohl and they say horvat is the real deal and gaunce will be an effective player but at best a third liner i trust that view more than anyone's here

horvat has a much higher ceiling than gaunce.alot of people here, as usual are crying away because Horvat looked average in the memorial cup, but ignore that he played in the WJC, was very effective there and his memorial cup team was disinterested, so ya he's a bust loli have contacts in the ohl and they say horvat is the real deal and gaunce will be an effective player but at best a third lineri trust that view more than anyone's here

Don't be that guy who says he has inside info because no one is going to believe you unless you have proof.

Well it's your opinion that Horvat has the same ceiling as Gaunce. It's my opinion that that's not true at all.

From what I saw from both players in the OHL playoffs this year, Gaunce looked slow and disinterested. Horvat on the other hand was winning countless draws, making smart plays, and killing penalties.

At worst Horvat becomes a good third line checker. At worst for Gaunce, he's a career AHLer.

thats all well and good, but the fact is its a lot easier to get horvats than it is reinharts, especially when you're dedicated to making the playoffs every year and drafting in the back third.

this team doesnt have any offensive talent of reinhart's caliber in their system, and they most likely wont have the opportunity to draft any in the near future, and they need someone to take over first line duties in 3-5 years.

I'd do Gaunce and Stanton but trading Horvat just seems like the most foolish move possible.

Doesn't make sense to give Buffalo Horvat and possibly Draisaitl or Dal Colle

Translation.

I'd trade some crappy prospects for a top tier prospect but I draw the line at trading a decent prospect just because I got emotionally attached to him because mahhh team drafted him.

I've put this quote in 2 other threads. According to Sportsnet, here's the going price for the 1st or second pick:

This is a quote from a third party scout that they've cited:

One scout aware of multiple offers for the top two picks said, “The going price to move up into those [first two] spots would be picks — a high first and a second or third — and an established player that helps your top two lines.”

The "established player" would also have to be pretty young (early 20's) since they would want him to help the future top 2 lines.

Both teams are asking WAY too much for the picks. The Canucks would be better served by going for the Edmonton pick or Calgary's.

Archived