The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

Why do we want any late first round picks? (All those wanting to trade Kesler) This drafts been said to be weak, and next years is said to be the best in a long long time.

But in reality if we have another crappy season Benning is going to be fired and the head coach will be gone. And just because it's a "weak" draft doesn't mean that Reinhart is complete garbage. In fact it makes it more appealing to get someone like Reinhart because he will be a year ahead of the curve and will impact the team earlier. Also to all those people just saying "O lets tank next year because its a deeper draft" well the Canucks are still a business, and businesses need to make money and the canucks fan base mainly consists of bandwagon jumpers because most are fan haven't even played hockey (because they are immigrants) and they are interest because the team was Winning. Finally I believe if Reinhart was in the 2015 he would still be a top 10 pick and probably in the top 5 ( He would probably be the 2-3rd best centre in the draft)

it will probably be the 6th overall Garrison our 2nd round pick and a prospect, but who knows. If kesler is trade then if would probably by the 6th overall, 10th overall, and Garrison

are you on crack? or is benning?

6/10/Garrison is

Nylander/Ehlers

and

Ritchie/Virtanen/Fleury

and Garrison

For Reinhart

He is not Joe Sakic

I'd rather just keep the 6th. We could potentially draft a stud if one of the top 5 drops or we could end up with a promising player that fits the mold of what this team needs in Ritchie.

Not worth it in my opinion. If Benning wants to move up, 2015 draft is the time for that.

Would also cost a considerable amount more to move up for McDavid or Eichel than for Reinhart.

I dont know if you watch football, but think the Redskins giving up 3 firsts and a second for RG3 to move from 6th to second whereas it cost Miami only their 12th overall and second rounder to go to third

Kesler for Vatenen, 10th overall, ana 2014 1st

Tanev, 6th overall, ana 1st round pick for 1st overall

OMG!!

another ridiculous post!!!!

this kid isnt guaranteed to be joe sakic man

Tanev

Nylander/Ehlers

Ritchie/Virtanen/Fleury

for

Reinhart?????

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING!!

are you on crack? or is benning?

6/10/Garrison is

Nylander/Ehlers

and

Ritchie/Virtanen/Fleury

and Garrison

For Reinhart

He is not Joe Sakic

I love all these fan who think that the 1st overall pick isn't that hard to get :picard::picard::picard: Who else are you going to give up because 6th and tanev/garrison isn't going to be enough especially if toronto in offering whats reported

Just because there is no real "clear cut" #1 player. This draft is actually pretty good. Benning said so himself... and I trust his word more than any media outlet saying otherwise.

I meant moving down, as in later picks, as people have said the 10th and 24th. Also Benning is obviously going to say the right things, even if they arent what he truly feels. But I wasnt knocking on any of the top group of draft eligible players, just the later parts.

But in reality if we have another crappy season Benning is going to be fired and the head coach will be gone. And just because it's a "weak" draft doesn't mean that Reinhart is complete garbage. In fact it makes it more appealing to get someone like Reinhart because he will be a year ahead of the curve and will impact the team earlier. Also to all those people just saying "O lets tank next year because its a deeper draft" well the Canucks are still a business, and businesses need to make money and the canucks fan base mainly consists of bandwagon jumpers because most are fan haven't even played hockey (because they are immigrants) and they are interest because the team was Winning. Finally I believe if Reinhart was in the 2015 he would still be a top 10 pick and probably in the top 5 ( He would probably be the 2-3rd best centre in the draft)

This post is insanely hard to get through. Benning and the next coach fired after the next season? Hah no, you are kidding right? Also please explain how playing hockey has anything to do with being a fan versus a bandwagoner/i"mmigrant". Third, heck why am I still bothering with you, graduate elementary school and maybe we can talk.

OMG!!

another ridiculous post!!!!

this kid isnt guaranteed to be joe sakic man

Tanev

Nylander/Ehlers

Ritchie/Virtanen/Fleury

for

Reinhart?????

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING!!

What r u smoking? Ritchie, Virtanen and Fleury are not dropping to the 20's moron...

Botchford had mentioned a few days ago that Benning is really high on the local boys (Virtanen/Reinhart). And that Fla is high on Garrison and looking for a quality d-man in trade for 1st overall.

While both Reinhart/Virtanen are great players, this smells like a "please the fans" move (like the Gillis firing/ Linden hiring) more than anything. I hope they take the best player available despite birth location.

And if they are trading up, the only d-man that's expendable is Garrison (IMO). Tanev is too much to give-up IMO.

So...so racist...but so right hahaha

Garrison, Higgins, Gaunce, 2nd.

I'd rather give up Hansen or Booth than Higgins and there are quite a few prospects I would give instead of Gaunce.

Gaunce is going to be much better than people are giving him credit for, even on CDC, the land of overrated prospects. Higgy is pretty much our only quality second liner not named Kesler. I'd rather give up a tweener.

I would do: gaunce, Schroeder, Hansen, 6th overall to fla for 1st OA, 3rd rounder

Kesler to ANA for smith-pelley, 10th, 24th

Pick one of Ritchie/virtanen/fleury at 10th and of course Reinhart at no 1.

Thoughts!??

If Florida would accept this, I'd drive em down to Florida myself...even pay the icecreams...

We will have to trade into the top 2 then and we don't have a lot when it comes to trading besides our young players, prospects and picks.

Seems like a long shot. I wouldn't get my hopes up though I would be happy if it happened.

I dont buy that. What does 'doing all he can' entail? Call Florida and ask what there price is. Done in about 20min if a deal was to be made.

I'd rather just keep the 6th. We could potentially draft a stud if one of the top 5 drops or we could end up with a promising player that fits the mold of what this team needs in Ritchie.

Not worth it in my opinion. If Benning wants to move up, 2015 draft is the time for that.

I doubt we move up in the draft . The top forwards are not that much different in quality from Reinhart to Ehlers. Who knows which one is going to be the best of the litter. We will get a quality forward.

Tallon knows this. This is why he wants to trade down.

I'd have to disagree with that. When the top 5 is isolated so much, it means that the cream of the crop is there. Anyone outside is a longshot (might be good players, yes, automatic star, No!)

If anything it is useless to move up in a deep draft like 2003, 2013 or 2015. Look at last year, Mantha, Horvat, Rychel, Shinkaruk. Monahan, were all available between 5 and 25. Therefore is it useless to move up since your are almost guaranteed a pretty good player (unless it's for the top 2, but the price will be even more steep than this year).

I love all these fan who think that the 1st overall pick isn't that hard to get :picard::picard::picard: Who else are you going to give up because 6th and tanev/garrison isn't going to be enough especially if toronto in offering whats reported

i love all the fans who think first overall means guarantees in a draft year where there is no stamkos, ovie, crosby or anyone at that level

POINT IS.....REINHART ISN'T WORTH ALL THAT!!!

YOU FOR GOT THE MATH

TANEV

PLUS TO TOP TEN PICKS ARE NOT < REINHART

LMAO

It definitely could happen. It's not always necessarily about how much is offered but how well it fits with both teams. Toronto is offering way more but the two players the Panthers are rumoured to want (Nylander and Ehlers) will mostly likely be gone by the 8th pick. The 6th pick is perfect for them.

If benning really wants someone, he finds a way to get it done. Look at Alex Khokhlachev for example.

Toronto is not offering way more. If Florida needed a centre they would draft Reinhart or Bennet; If they needed D they would draft Ekblad so offering Phaneuf and Kadri is completely worthless to them the reason why they are trading down is so they can get something they need which would be a young winger. If Winnipeg had Kane in play for the first overall I am sure Florida and WPG could work something out.

Archived