The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

You're so right. I don't want to flunk out of high school. I want to get a degree at good college and have a good job so I can make a decent living. If cant make a living I'd probably have to move to one of those loser cities like Buffalo. And worse yet I might become a Sabres fan... I better go study now.

Stay Classy. I'll bet you've never even been to Buffalo.

I felt that way too, I just didn't know who to add from Philly. Maybe add Laughton as well?

Actually your earlier proposal is closer to the mark than most of the trade proposals here. The biggest question though, would Florida want Garrison back? Even though Kuba ended up being a serious mistake, Garrison is still pretty much the same player that the Panthers gave up in the first place. Vancouver wouldn't be getting hosed. Florida has a shot at getting better fast if given the right pieces for their pick. They can also pick up a few free agents after the draft as well. The problem is though, are there teams out there that could and/or would offer a better package? The good thing is, the Canucks can offer the 6th pick in the draft.

Reinhart is Hodgson, Hodgson had the same skills, hockey IQ, playing making abilities, positioning, except his skating wasn't that good but average enough to be in the NHL.

Reinhart is the exact same, get Ekblad if you're going up. He'd be our #2 defensemen at 18.

Reinhart is Hodgson, Hodgson had the same skills, hockey IQ, playing making abilities, positioning, except his skating wasn't that good but average enough to be in the NHL.

Reinhart is the exact same, get Ekblad if you're going up. He'd be our #2 defensemen at 18.

Reinhart is way better

Actually your earlier proposal is closer to the mark than most of the trade proposals here. The biggest question though, would Florida want Garrison back? Even though Kuba ended up being a serious mistake, Garrison is still pretty much the same player that the Panthers gave up in the first place. Vancouver wouldn't be getting hosed. Florida has a shot at getting better fast if given the right pieces for their pick. They can also pick up a few free agents after the draft as well. The problem is though, are there teams out there that could and/or would offer a better package? The good thing is, the Canucks can offer the 6th pick in the draft.

Mike Weaver is a UFA. Tallon gets Garrison back and reunites him with Weaver. Solid pairing a few years ago. Lu in net! Things are looking better in Florida.

Mike Weaver is a UFA. Tallon gets Garrison back and reunites him with Weaver. Solid pairing a few years ago. Lu in net! Things are looking better in Florida.

Florida does need defense the most and Garrison is consistent. That's what makes Pear's close to the mark. I'm just not so sure that Tallon would want Garrison back.

With Tim Murray taking the 2nd pick off of the market, Florida and Edmonton are the last 2 teams that could be parted from their picks.

So any player that has high hockey IQ, playmaking abilities, and good positioning is Hodgson in your mind?

Sorry, but Reinhart is on a whole other level than Hodgson.

Florida does need defense the most and Garrison is consistent. That's what makes Pear's close to the mark. I'm just not so sure that Tallon would want Garrison back.

With Tim Murray taking the 2nd pick off of the market, Florida and Edmonton are the last 2 teams that could be parted from their picks.

I'm thinking that Garrison probably wouldn't waive to Florida. Did he not take a "home town" discount to sign with Vancouver. I also remember Florida trying to get him to sign an extension, but he chose to explore the market.

So any player that has high hockey IQ, playmaking abilities, and good positioning is Hodgson in your mind?

Sorry, but Reinhart is on a whole other level than Hodgson.

No, the way the play. Both not explosive, average skaters, it speaks similarities. I've watched both at the same level and I know what I'm talking about.

Reinhart isn't on a whole other level, he does some things better than Hodgson and plays defense, backchecks. But in a simple form they play the same way and really it isn't worth taking Reinhart at #1 if we trade up.

Reinhart is way better

Yeah he is better but he isn't an explosive player. Hodgson and Reinhart play exactly the same, except I'd say Reinhart backchecks harder and plays better defense.

No, the way the play. Both not explosive, average skaters, it speaks similarities. I've watched both at the same level and I know what I'm talking about.

Reinhart isn't on a whole other level, he does some things better than Hodgson and plays defense, backchecks. But in a simple form they play the same way and really it isn't worth taking Reinhart at #1 if we trade up.

Yeah he is better but he isn't an explosive player. Hodgson and Reinhart play exactly the same, except I'd say Reinhart backchecks harder and plays better defense.

Reinhart is on a whole other level and you do not know what your talking about.

Your word is not credible at all and I see no reason why anyone should believe you.

Reinhart is on a whole other level and you do not know what your talking about.

Your word is not credible at all and I see no reason why anyone should believe you.

Please explain how he is on another level?

I'll tell you how you do it. I made a thread in proposals with this idea, but I figured this would be an appropriate place to pitch this. You can flip Kesler for Reinhart, but in a 3 wee trade.

To Van: 1st Overall, 10th Overall, Shea Theodore

To Flo: Emerson Etem, Jason Garrison, 6th

To Ana: Ryan Kesler, Jordan Schroeder

• We draft Reinhart, and see if Jake Virtanen falls to 10th. We walk out with 3 quality prospects. One Center, One Winger, One Defenceman. (PMD defenceman btw).
  • It matches Torontos offer (Kadri, Phaneuf, 8th overall) to Florida but we have the benefits of being out of conference instead of in division, and who wants to take that Phaneuf contract.
  • Anaheim gets Ryan Kesler and Jordan Schroeder, who doesn't add much value, but he makes the loss of Emerson Etem, a little more bearable.

Every team comes out a winner and Benning gets the vancouver boys he liked and another one to boot.

Oh yeah… but you still have to convince Garrison to waive…. But if he does...

Please explain how he is on another level?

When Coho was in junior he was on a stacked Batallion team which included Matt Duchene. Reinhart is on a much worse team that he has to help carry. Sam put up better numbers on a worse team and had a better rookie year in junior than Cody.

Sam is also a better skater despite being bigger than Cody. Sam is also a way better playmaker, better in his own end, has a much higher ceiling than Cody.

Sam is better than Cody and if an opportunity to get Sam approaches then I take it.

I'm thinking that Garrison probably wouldn't waive to Florida. Did he not take a "home town" discount to sign with Vancouver. I also remember Florida trying to get him to sign an extension, but he chose to explore the market.

I doubt that he would waive. One of the biggest reasons that a player gets an NTC is so they can make sure that they don't end up on a poorly performing team.

I only remember Florida picking up Kuba instead of keeping Garrison, which turned out to be a mistake.

Garrison probably wouldn't want to go back to Florida.

When Coho was in junior he was on a stacked Batallion team which included Matt Duchene. Reinhart is on a much worse team that he has to help carry. Sam put up better numbers on a worse team and had a better rookie year in junior than Cody.

Sam is also a better skater despite being bigger than Cody. Sam is also a way better playmaker, better in his own end, has a much higher ceiling than Cody.

Sam is better than Cody and if an opportunity to get Sam approaches then I take it.

They are still not explosive players and very similar. Reinhart is the smarter player, he is the better player but Reinhart is on another level. Their skating isn't significantly better than the other but nonetheless it isn't very good. Reinhart isn;t a gamebreaker I see him as a 2nd line center that makes smart decisions but can't break the game open.

Ekblad is a franchise defensemen, Reinhart isn't close to a franchise player.

Archived