The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

We do have his brother, Cal, playing with the Comets. That likely won't factor into his decision though, and we'd have to trade for Ryan to get him anyway. Not sure we'd want to spend what the Avs would be asking.

What the Canucks really need is a strong two-way center, with size and experience, and making a reasonable salary, say like maybe $5mil a year. But where do you find such a player???

I was kind of hoping to see him have a good season. He, Kassian, and Richardson were a nice little line last year at times.

I also appreciated his tenacity with the injuries and all, but he seemed like too much of a circus distraction. Maybe he should take his buyout cash and practice stick-handling for awhile. Hard to count the number of times he drove with blazing speed losing the puck while running over the opposing goalie, as he tries to avoid running over the goalie.

I'm glad this means the buyout Burrows talk will be buried; or at least take on a hypothetical/what could have been form.

thanks for the chuckle. maybe he goes to Chicago to play with kane or toews, or maybe tampa to play with stamkos

Ya, such a stupid idea to put a big, speedy, physical winger on any of those guy's wing hey?

lol...show's how little you understand about hockey.

The guy is not a plumber buddy, he has hands, can skate, but was just constantly injured here and never got on track.

If he simply plays the way he did in the back half of last year (hitting anything that moved, and HARD, going to the net, playing well on the wall, and forechecking hard), well you see that does something for those players I mentioned, its called creating space.

If you create even a second more for the players I mentioned to make a play, the puck will end up in the opposition's net more frequently.

That's the value he would bring...I guess you didn't realize he was 2nd in hits on the Canucks (and only by a few less), despite playing alot fewer games than Kesler...

On a team that lacked physical play, we are going to be getting rid of both our leading hitters lol..

Now you might want to think about his value again, ie creating room for some superstars with the ability to actually put the puck in the net if he gets a chance, and his hands will come back, players who score high 20's and 30's don't lose their hands.

Ya, such a stupid idea to put a big, speedy, physical winger on any of those guy's wing hey?

lol...show's how little you understand about hockey.

The guy is not a plumber buddy, he has hands, can skate, but was just constantly injured here and never got on track

Skill, speed, size, talent. Not one of them matters on the ice if you can't stay healthy enough to be on the ice.

Skill, speed, size, talent. Not one of them matters on the ice if you can't stay healthy enough to be on the ice.

"Can't stay healthy"? His injuries were his fault, then? The knee-on-knee collision? Being blind-sided? He should have managed to stay healthier.

When you take last season into consideration, when certain players on this team chose not to act like professionals but act like overpaid crybabies that tried to get their coach fired because they didn't want to work hard, their were some bright spots . Richardson?Santorelli, Booth, Kassian, Lack, Tannev , Sestigo, Bieksa, Laine. ( a couple more but you get the point)

When torts was embarrassed Booth was the best player on the team , Booth continued to play strong. It's hard for me to be a Sedin fan after last season.

He'll sign somewhere for 2-2.5M, have success, and you guys will all b***h about it and call JB an idiot. Just watch. It happens every time.

Raymond signed for only a mil, and was most certainly successful - but the general sentiment on here was 'happy for him, but it was time for him to move on'. I suspect it will be the same with Booth.

I was and still am speechless after reading that post :blink:

i thought it was riveting stuff-- like someone new to an open mic night, who just goes up and reads random poetry. when he gets tongue-tied because he's in front of a small crowd, he'll skip a couple pages to a new passage, then leave the set a few minutes early because the crowd is falling asleep, and the staff working at the establishment are ready to blow their brains out

Archived