The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bennett is a better player than Reinhart

*Buzzsaw*

Lots of talk about the Canucks trading up for Reinhart... personally I think Bennett is a better player.

Better speed, better moves, better vision. Reinhart is a good player, but he isn't a game breaker.

Bennett is also 7 months younger than Reinhart... 7 months at the age of 18 is a long time in terms of growth and maturity.

Bennett highlight reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svCdZiNfbvg&feature=kp

Reinhart highlight reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDfiHB56_4

If the Canucks trade up, it should be for Bennett.

Reinhart > Bennet > Reinhardt :bigblush:

On a serious note...yes, Bennet is good but he also has a lot of penalty minutes and a lot of those were from undisciplined play (tripping, hooking, slashing). Do we want a player like that when the Canucks are trying to build a better image? We don't want the NHL to see us as an undisciplined and dirty team. If we get the first overall it has to be between Ekblad and Reinhart.

Reinhart played for a crap team and still put up astonishing #'s in the hardest CHL league. Bennett was good also, but he took way too many penalties.

This article made me change my mind about who we should draft if we moved up:

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/6/10/who-should-vancouver-draft-spoilers-it-s-sam-reinhart

This article shows that Reinhart has #'s comparable w/ Tavares and Stamkos, whereas Bennett has #'s comparable w/ Strome and Kane. While this isn't a 100% fool proof method, it's something worth considering.

Don't waste your time OP people here are so high on Reinhart nothing will change their minds.

I like Bennett's style a lot, but his ceiling is lower than Reinhart's.

benning really likes reinhart...should we trust benning or you?....let me see......

That about sums it up, Joe.

None of you guys looked at the highlight reels.

You couldn't have watched them and replied that fast.

You are posting without analyzing.

WATCH THE HIGHLIGHT REELS.

What sets Reinhart apart is his hockey sense and ability to make linemates better. Bennett doesn't have that ability to the same degree.

Bennett = Gilmour type of player

Reinhart = Sakic type of player

Highlight reels don't mean anything really. What the scouts (and Benning) see in their potential is what matters.

What sets Reinhart apart is his hockey sense and ability to make linemates better. Bennett doesn't have that ability to the same degree.

Bennett = Gilmour type of player

Reinhart = Sakic type of player

Watch the assists Bennet makes. Almost all of them are 1st assists, the passes that make the goals.

Rienhart made the World Jr. team. Bennett wasn't even considered that right there should tell you something.

This thread may set the record for different ways of misspelling the same player's name. That being said, Reinhart also played well with Horvat on Team Canada. While they'd likely each center a line here, it's nice to know they have chemistry so we have the option of moving Horvat onto Reinhart's wing in the future.

Rienhart made the World Jr. team. Bennett wasn't even considered that right there should tell you something.

Bennett was still a young 17 when the roster was determined. And there were many other players who were older and fit into his slot.

Reinhart was 18.

And this Canadian Junior team did as poorly as can be imagined.

Because highlight reels are an accurate way of evaluating a player's ability.

I can make a Max Lapierre highlight reel that would make him look like Kesler.

Archived