The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

7 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

You give a monkey a pair of skates and a stick and eventually the monkey will make a good play but at least the monkey probably wouldn't of failed that miserably in the third period.   I don't give a damn about a couple good forechecks.  His tournament was awful, he probably shouldn't even of been on the team, let alone playing top 6 minutes.  

You should not compare Virtanen to yourself.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

You give a monkey a pair of skates and a stick and eventually the monkey will make a good play but at least the monkey probably wouldn't of failed that miserably in the third period.   I don't give a damn about a couple good forechecks.  His tournament was awful, he probably shouldn't even of been on the team, let alone playing top 6 minutes.  

Ahhh so you don't give credit when credits due but as soon as mistakes happen, you type away got it. :lol:

You're so obsess with this kid. I bet majority of your comments come from here.

Edited by CANUCK-EXPRESS

9 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Alright. Though Point should not be talking about anyone with the performance he gave. Worst captain in TC history?

Team didn't have a clear leader. Which is probably why it was the Marner and Strome show. No leadership means the best players dicate how the team plays. 

If Virtanen had the skill of Marner then we could forget the bad penalties.  Because Mitch took a terrible one in the third period, but all I remember is how magic he looked with the puck.  Jake has zero confidence right now he is looking lost out there.  The only choice is to send him back to Junior and hope he and the HItmen go on a run.  I feel for him... he seems like a great kid!

18 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

If its so easy why didn't you make the world junior team twice, get drafted 6th overall and have played 15 games in the NHL by the time you were 19?

22 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Funny how a lot of people at Hockey Canada, who know a lot more about hockey than you do think differently. 

Team Canada wasn't that great this year.  Get over it.

22 minutes ago, Odd. said:

gimme link to the thing where Point called out Virtranen.

dont got a link but I think he said something like "I'm not throwing anyone under the bus but penalties happen" or something along those lines.

Not sure if its true, but I've read it on HFboards on a post game interview thing.

Edited by CANUCK-EXPRESS

18 minutes ago, McCannon said:

If its so easy why didn't you make the world junior team twice, get drafted 6th overall and have played 15 games in the NHL by the time you were 19?

To be fair, the monkey does have his own movie...

mvp12.jpg

• Upvote 2