The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

On 14/02/2018 at 11:51 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

30/32 saves for Demko today (plus 6/7 saved or missed in the shootout) in a 3-2 SOL to Syracuse. 18-7-6, 2.28 GAA, .928 sv pct and 1 SO on the season now - he's fourth in AHL wins, fourth in save percentage and sixth in GAA.

Future Schnieder. 

On 2/11/2018 at 10:53 AM, JaboVancouver said:

IMO Demko will be up here next year splitting starts with Markstrom. Maybe 60/40 in Markstrom's favor unless Demko shows he can carry the load. The Utica Comets this year have been a very under reported and a great story. I think many assume because of the constant injuries with the big club that they would be struggling too but it hasn't been the case. They won again last night and have collected at least a single point in their last 12 games, a new franchise record. Demko has looked great, Holm had another multi point game last night, after a 2 goal game last weekend and seems to be rounding into form on North American ice. You have to give a lot of credit to Trent Cull, Ryan Johnson and the organization down in Utica for the job they're doing.

Well said...I suppose that depends on if we can get something for Nilsson at the TDL...if not I can't see Benning letting him go for nothing...but maybe Demko comes up on injury call up and goes on a tear...that might keep him around for awhile.

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Interesting. I wonder what the plan is going forward with goaltending next season then. Are we in for another year of Marky and Nillson or is cull saying he’s not ready right now as in this season? Nice to hear good things about Macewen

Edited by Nancouver

13 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Interesting. I wonder what the plan is going forward with goaltending next season then. Are we in for another year of Marky and Nillson or is cull saying he’s not ready right now as in this season?

Nilsson or otherwise, I'd imagine the plan is to keep Demko down there with some injury call ups until the TDL and call him up then.

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, Nancouver said:

Gotcha. I was hoping he might be ready for backup role next season but if he isn’t ready I’d rather they don’t rush him either. 

And even that ^^^ is assuming things continue to go well with his development next year. Any hiccups in that regard and it could be another year+.

Can't wait to see the meltdown around here if that happens :rolleyes::lol: