The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN acquires Linden Vey

Just because we have cap space now doesn't mean we have to max out. I hope Benning doesn't make the same mistake as Gillis, Sathers, Shero, Nonis etc....

Well said.

Some of these UFA's I see people want on here are completely against the seemingly new organizational philosophy of youth with skill and a bit of snarl.

Next years UFA class is much better and hopefully they can rid themselves of Hansen, Higgins and maybe even Burr in the year to come for that class. This is a process people...have some patience.

I can't believe people are bemoaning this move. For years people have been crying about not enough skill. Vey brings a very high skill level while still being defensively responsible. Starting to get a WHL flavour in the organization for the first time in a long time.

The one factor you have to weigh in on is that a lot of people on this site have no clue . The team of Linden and Benning are doing exactly what they said they'd do.

In the mean time Benning has cleared some cap space to work with during FA. He's obviously going to make more changes there too. All of a sudden there's more players ready to play sooner than later.

Played with both Dorsett and Shinkaruk and was coached by Desjardins.

If you don't see what Benning is doing right now, pay attention.

you have to admit that if people want to see a bounce back year next year, benning is doing his damndest to make it happen.

the compete level of this team next year is going to be sky high. And I think the Sedins are going to lead the way

Long-term we needed a McKeown far more than a Vey. LA thanks us very much.

short term we needed a Vey far more than McKeown, we drafted D in later rounds. Plus, we have Corrado (nearly there), Stanton (bubble) and lots of money for free agents. JB wants to win all the time not in the future

Sorry I meant RW. But yeah he's not a centre. He's a right wing and that's where he plays in the AHL and on the Kings.

Do you watch a lot of Manchester games? Because his AHL profile lists him as a center, and in write ups on him it's noted he was the Monarchs top line center.

We traded an unproven late 2nd round prospect who has slipped in the draft rankings all year, for a already developed ppg young forward buried in LAs deep system, I have no problem with the trade!

I would have liked Roland for sure, but I think we win this trade for now.

Great trade. We can't have all super young prospects. We need to fill in the gaps in 21yr old to 26yr old area. Doesn't matter if McKweon might be a little better down the road. We need a guy like Vey now or next year. Plus he's proven to put up points in the A. Great deal.

Guest Dasein

short term we needed a Vey far more than McKeown, we drafted D in later rounds. Plus, we have Corrado (nearly there), Stanton (bubble) and lots of money for free agents. JB wants to win all the time not in the future

Exactly.

Some of these UFA's I see people want on here are completely against the seemingly new organizational philosophy of youth with skill and a bit of snarl.

Well, there is not really such thing as a young, A grade UFA.

I too don't think we should spend to the cap, but we need some size in the D and some scoring touch, if nothing else.

Nice Deal!

Get a kid who has at least the potential to play next season, and former Willie Desairdins player in Medicine Hat.

I love it. Vey is NHL ready and can be a good 3rd liner or even 2nd liner in the future

Hansen replacement IMHO. Vey and Dorsett make Hansen very expendable.

Had 5 points in 18 games with the parent club. And posted 48 points in 43 games with the Manchester Monarchs in 2013-2014.

Holly crap, he had 36 more points than Etem last year on the Medicine Hat Tigers. It would have been nice to Draft a defensman in McKeown but those numbers dont lie! Vey was the Tigers best player last year by far!

Points totals:

y3HtOxq.png

YEah, McKeown was a heavy price to pay imo, real good move for LA as well. Theyre stacked with current and young forwards, and got a kid in free fall who idolized Drew Doughty.

I do really like that Vey is a kid who's very well seasoned in a deep organization and is know for work ethic, versatility, 200ft game, and seems to have had success offensively at every level. Hes far more of a play maker than a goal scorer, plus our new coach is extremely familiar with him having coached him in the Hat.

Played with both Dorsett and Shinkaruk and was coached by Desjardins.

If you don't see what Benning is doing right now, pay attention.

Archived