The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN acquires Linden Vey

Yea, but McKeown is just a name on a board right now. Vey has proven himself at the next level and projects to be a solid all around player.

Time will tell which player is better, but right now we have the more NHL ready player.

The uneducated hockey fan wont realize benning's greatness until the team is rolling in elite value talent and competeing for the cup again.

In 2 days we have brought in

4 nhl rdy players to replace kesler booth and garrison.

3 top end draft picks that all look like 1LW 1 C and 1 G players.

And more importantly ever one of these players fits a theme of playing hard and fast.

If i gave benning a grade it would be 9.7/10

A 10 would have been adding something to the kes deal and getting the 10th instead of sbisa.

1/2LW 2/3C 1G

Not sure why no one is correcting this but Linden Vey is not a Centre!! He's a right winger.

you have to admit that if people want to see a bounce back year next year, benning is doing his damndest to make it happen.the compete level of this team next year is going to be sky high. And I think the Sedins are going to lead the way

We traded an unproven late 2nd round prospect who has slipped in the draft rankings all year, for a already developed ppg young forward buried in LAs deep system, I have no problem with the trade!

I would have liked Roland for sure, but I think we win this trade for now.

The one factor you have to weigh in on is that a lot of people on this site have no clue . The team of Linden and Benning are doing exactly what they said they'd do.

In the mean time Benning has cleared some cap space to work with during FA. He's obviously going to make more changes there too. All of a sudden there's more players ready to play sooner than later.

they have also rid the team of two more ntc

Played with both Dorsett and Shinkaruk and was coached by Desjardins.

If you don't see what Benning is doing right now, pay attention.

Important to look at the entire canvas Benning is painting versus the individual brush strokes. He's building a "team" and providing management numerous options as to how to assemble the parts.

Very impressed with how he and Linden are Walking the Walk.

Hmmm honestly not sure I am a fan of this deal essentially boils down to Garrison + prospect + 7th round 2015 for Linden Vey?

Surely JB has other moves up his sleeve than that

What it essentially boils down to that actually matters.

Garrison(NTC) - 4.6M cap hit

for

Linden Vey

Basically a free prospect for a UFA signing + we got him to waive his NTC and unloaded cap-space.

Good deal.

Holly crap, he had 36 more points than Etem last year on the Medicine Hat Tigers. It would have been nice to Draft a defensman in McKeown but those numbers dont lie! Vey was the Tigers best player last year by far!

McKeown is overrated seen him play a lot for Kingston, Vey has offensive upside with grit. Fair trade

We have tons of cap space now and a bunch of extra forwards. If benning signs any good free agents i feel 3-4 more trades will happen

Dalpe and schroeder should be traded for a few 4-5 rounder in 2015

Burrows and hansen and richardson at least two of them need to be gone

we need a ppqb dman and a young nhl ready sniper

Could tanev stanton and hansen and a 2nd get us yakupov:)?

I see it more as a 1LW, 2/3C and 1G

Not to knock McCann, I like the pick but he strikes me more as a good defensive/middle 6 pick. A Chris Higgins who plays center. And I'm a big HIggins fan.

Still, it is a huge culture change.

We have the best prospect cupboard we have had in a while.

McCann has a higher ceiling than Gaunce and at least imo will be a solid 2C, who knows maybe even a 1st but he needs to improve his offensive game because clearly he has potential to grow there.

In

so far before FA has even begun

Nick Bonino

Luca Sbisa

Derek Dorsett

Linden Vey

(Jake Virtanen)

(Jared McCann)

(Thatcher Demko)

(Nikita Tryamkin)

(Gustav Forsling)

(Kyle Pettit)

Out

Booth

Kesler

Garrison

(Costello)

That's a pretty good start to the new season!

when you look at it that way it doesn't look so bad at all

still have cap room to deal and camp can't come fast enough

Archived