The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

24 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

He says glossing over the elephant in the room:

Those kids only played because of injuries.  Complaining about young players when the roster was obliterated by injuries this year is seriously missing the point.

55831618.jpg

8 hours ago, aliboy said:

If we play players next year who aren't ready they will then contribute to another disaster of a season, even though they weren't responsible for what happened this year, because they weren't playing, as they weren't ready.

Higgins Burrows Vrbata, Weber,Bart the 'leaders'...and the new tweener vets we brought in..they all get a pass?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Some might add that it's the young players figuring out what is expected of them who are responsible for our winning these three in a row.  Guys like Pedan, Gaunce are included in that group.  

I would go along with that.

I am disappointed with the play of the Sedins and Burr just now, particularly against the Oilers. For me, they are just becoming too slow to make an impact now. They want to keep playing the recycle game but it's old hat and leading to giveaways and worse still impotent PPs

I am now at the stage where I don't think I would bother if next Season was their last. We need to have a faster skilled and grittier 1st line and the sooner the better. 

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, aliboy said:

You obviously are missing the point, which was, let's not play kids next year if they aren't ready, as that will lead to another bad year. I was not complaining about them this year, just making the observation that they haven't yet made the step to the NHL and that we shouldn't pencil them in next year just yet. 

I think the kids look pretty good now as opposed to mid season.

However I am not a fan of Granlund, the game passed him by last night, and would rather see Zalewski in before him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Higgins Burrows Vrbata, Weber,Bart the 'leaders'...and the new tweener vets we brought in..they all get a pass?

No they don't get a pass, I'm hoping that none of them are back next year.

Edited by aliboy

36 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

So....how about that Tryamkin? Pretty good right? Didn't have the greatest game last night. Kind of got walked around on that one goal.

He had a rough game but was far from alone. I'm glad I occupied myself with putting together some cabinets while 'watching' that game (and listen to Cole grope himself while waxing on about the Oilers/McDavid :rolleyes: ).

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He had a rough game but was far from alone. I'm glad I occupied myself with putting together some cabinets while 'watching' that game (and listen to Cole grope himself while waxing on about the Oilers/McDavid :rolleyes: ).

Lol! Glad I wasn't the only person to notice that.

I too was glad I had other things to do while "watching" the game.

Just now, DJSkingz said:

Lol! Glad I wasn't the only person to notice that.

I too was glad I had other things to do while "watching" the game.

I mean I get it, it was a very Oilers-focused broadcast with the stadium etc, there were a ton of Oilers greats in attendance and McJebus is McJebus...but holy @#$%... TONE IT DOWN A TOUCH.

Giant Oilers circle-jerk :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I mean I get it, it was a very Oilers-focused broadcast with the stadium etc, there were a ton of Oilers greats in attendance and McJebus is McJebus...but holy @#$%... TONE IT DOWN A TOUCH.

Giant Oilers circle-jerk :rolleyes:

My favorite part was when he was comparing this current Oiler group to showing flashes of the 80's dynasty. I had a good laugh at that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

My favorite part was when he was comparing this current Oiler group to showing flashes of the 80's dynasty. I had a good laugh at that.

Well Gretz scored about as many goals a season numerous times as the Oil have point this season, so there's THAT similarity :lol:

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

"Connor Baby" - B. Cole April 6, 2016.

Love how good he has been out of the gate for us this year. Really looking forward to seeing how he is next year after a summer of working with Canucks training staff and then a full camp to really settle in. I think he's still adjusting to the ice size and getting comfortable.

He's supposed to have a real bomb of a shot, but haven't seen that yet, just wrist shots. Would like to see him wind up and hammer it sometime.

• Upvote 2

This is the report card of Nikita Tryamkin, according to me. He is awesome 1 on 1. We've seen him strip the puck from attackers using his reach numerous times, even some of the top six players from our opponents. He is good at retrieving the puck in his own zone, as we've also seen. When he has a chance, he knows how too use his size to dummy top six forwards to the ice like you'd expect from a man of his stature and I am sure I am not the only one who has kept watching the dying games of the season just too witness the beginning of what he will become. 

These points obviously validate his presence in the lineup and will continue to do so for years to come (hopefully). What he needs to learn though, is a few factors that must be incorporated into a player of any position on any NHL team playing the position of defence. It seems as though amongst his perks and obviously advantageous skills, he has some glaring weaknesses. 

He reminds me of Ovechkin. Mostly his looks, though I have to say his play style sorta does too. Though obviously a defense man isn't in a position to be cocky and lazy, he sorta strikes that tone with me. So, as I said, he need to learn a few things. 

The first pass: I have seen Tryamkin give the opponents the pucks more than any other player on the Canucks since he's joined the squad, in the short span of the games he's played. Sure, I am possibly paying more attention to the six foot seven brand new defense man, but it's become quite hilarious really to watch him get flustered and pass the other team the puck whether my spotlight on him is fair or not. 

That has to be taught to him and that has the change. If he wants, (he has) to learn English so he can take his homework given to him by the coach and use his translator to make the steps there to get to the intellectual level of hockey that he needs to get to, I will be there cheering all the way. If I was a millionaire I would donate $100,000 to the teach Tryamkin english fund and part of it would go to the person who could find him a Russian Canadian woman who has the brains and the appeal to use all of her faculties to teach him English, who genuinely finds him attractive. I learned an unfamiliar language before and honestly the only thing that make myself do it is a woman. He just seems like a similarly talented Ovechkin (his shot and defensive ability is under rated even by homer cdc standards. If you take away his decision making with the puck after the other team's attack and his flustered reactions to top lines setting up in his zone, he is a complete NHL defense man). Along with ovechkin he just seems to have a Bohemian attitude, good or bad. Like when he is lost out there he's lost cause everyones watching him and he is allowed to be lost cause he's the man. It's awesome. It's obviously not something that we want to grow but those are the types of personalities that contribute to a winning playoff team. Just hope he learns to harness it and insert himself as a team player and learn that he will be successful if he quietly throws guys to the ice and then quietly pots goals from the point (Which isn't quiet at all but is how we want him to make noise)

He just needs a good reason to learn english and I'd be part of the fan club if he did. Someone get him a hottie who will only go within a few feet of him if he learns english! hahahahahahahaha. Okay now I'm getting kinda jealous. Must be nice to be six ft seven and have the opportunity to date hot women lol. 

Edited by Drewismyname

Just now, Drewismyname said:

This is the report card of Nikita Tryamkin, according to me. He is awesome 1 on 1. We've seen him strip the puck from attackers using his reach numerous times, even some of the top six players from our opponents. He is good at retrieving the puck in his own zone, as we've also seen. When he has a chance, he knows how too use his size to dummy top six forwards to the ice like you'd expect from a man of his stature and I am sure I am not the only one who has kept watching the dying games of the season just too witness the beginning of what he will become. 

These points obviously validate his presence in the lineup and will continue to do so for years to come (hopefully). What he needs to learn though, is a few factors that must be incorporated into a player of any position on any NHL team playing the position of defence. It seems as though amongst his perks and obvious advantageous skills, he has some glaring weaknesses. 

He reminds me of Ovechkin. Mostly his looks, though I have to say his play style sorta does too. Though obviously a defense man isn't in a position to be cocky and lazy, he sorta strikes that tone with me. So, as I said, he need to learn a few things. 

The first pass: I have seen Tryamkin give the opponents the pucks more than any other player on the Canucks since he's joined the squad, in the short span of games he's played. Sure, I am possibly paying more attention to the six foot seven brand new defense man, but it's become quite hilarious really to watch him get flustered and pass the other team the puck whether my spotlight on him is fair or not. 

That has to be taught to him and that has the change. If he wants, (he has) to learn English so he can take his homework given to him by the coach and use his translator to make the steps there to get too the intellectual level of hockey that he needs to get to, I will be there cheering all the way. If I was a millionaire I would donate $100,000 to the teach Tryamkin english fund and part of it would go to the person who could find him a Russian Canadian woman who had the brains and the appeal to use all of her faculties to teach him English, who genuinely finds him attractive. I learned an unfamiliar language before and honestly the only thing that make myself do it is a woman. He just seems like a similarly talented Ovechkin (his shot and defensive ability is under rated even by homer cdc standards. If you take away his decision making with the puck after the other team's attack and his flustered reactions to top lines setting up in his zone). Along with ovechkin he just seems to have a Bohemian attitude, good or bad. Like when he is lost out there he's lost cause everyones watching him and he is allowed to be lost cause he's the man. It's awesome. It's obviously not something that we want to grow but those are the types of personalities that contribute to a winning playoff team. Just hope he learns to harness it and insert himself as a team player and learn that he will be successful if he quietly throws guys to the ice and then quietly pots goals from the point (Which isn't quiet at all but is how we want him to make noise)

He just needs a good reason to learn english and I'd be part of the fan club if he did. Someone get him a hottie who will only go within a few feet of him if he learns english! hahahahahahahaha. Okay now I'm getting kinda jealous. Must be nice to be six ft seven and have the opportunity to date hot women lol. 

He has a Fiancee