The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I guess the news today about tryamkin bolting from russia to Kyrgyzstan is not that surprising considering his KHL team gave him fewer minutes in the last part of the season.  Turns out his wife's cousin is from Kyrgyzstan.  He only signed a two year contract with the Kyrgyzstan Krakken.  Maybe he will buy out the contract himself and bolt back to Canada.  

:ph34r:

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

I guess the news today about tryamkin bolting from russia to Kyrgyzstan is not that surprising...

:ph34r:

What news? Kyrgyzstan really? ::D  Any link to this fantastic news..?

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, that’s where you made your mistake. Tryamkin hasn’t bolted to Kyrgyzstan for hockey. Nik left so he can commit full-time to playing Ulak Tartysh.

“Very popular, as in all of Central Asia, is Ulak Tartysh, a team game resembling a cross between polo and rugby in which two teams of riders wrestle for possession of the headless carcass of a goat, which they attempt to deliver across the opposition's goal line, or into the opposition's goal: a big tub or a circle marked on the ground.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan

;) 

Well done Sid, well done :towel:

20 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, that’s where you made your mistake. Tryamkin hasn’t bolted to Kyrgyzstan for hockey. Nik left so he can commit full-time to playing Ulak Tartysh.

“Very popular, as in all of Central Asia, is Ulak Tartysh, a team game resembling a cross between polo and rugby in which two teams of riders wrestle for possession of the headless carcass of a goat, which they attempt to deliver across the opposition's goal line, or into the opposition's goal: a big tub or a circle marked on the ground.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan

;) 

Not really, this being a hockey forum one would expect we're talking hockey. It's similar to say a Canuck player is playing in Phoenix ... but failing to mention he was playing golf. Why even mention it on a Canuck forum intrigues me. I'm not the only one mislead

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

What is interesting, I could not find any Tryamkin's interview in the Russian media since the Avto team lost in playoffs. Usually he is quite open to talk to journalists...

He's been travelling with his wife.  

Paris and such on his Instagram. 

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I hate explaining a joke, but perhaps I’d better. 

I don’t remember who started the rumour about Tryamkin “bolting to Kyrgyzstan” (I suppose I could scroll back a couple pages and look—which I’ve now done and it was @Kanukfanatic—well played, sir), but there’s obviously no truth to it. Seems like somebody was just having a bit of fun.

Kyrgyzstan doesn’t really have much in the way of professional hockey. At least not at any kind of level that would compare to the KHL. It’s actually one of the poorest countries in Central Asia. As a nation, they don’t even rank on the IIHF top-50 (which would mean they are somewhere behind Kuwait as a world hockey power). So the idea of Tryamkin leaving Russia and “bolting” to Kyrgyzstan just doesn’t make any sense, except as a joke.

Instead of taking the whole thing seriously and pointing out the reasons why Tryamkin going to Kyrgyzstan makes zero sense, I decided to just play along with the joke, and respond in kind.

I made a joke.

It’s quite ludicrous that Tryamkin would leave the KHL to pursue hockey in Kyrgyzstan. So I joked that he left to pursue one of the traditional, and most popular, sports in that region. And a sport that I admittedly find a little bit funny (although with no disrespect meant to the traditions of the people of Kyrgyzstan).

It guess it just makes me giggle to think of Big Nik riding on a horse chasing after a decapitated goat carcass. Maybe that’s just me. Admittedly, I’m a weird guy sometimes. And my sense of humour isn’t for everyone. 

Anyway, I wasn’t trying to make fun of you. I wasn’t trying to make fun of Kyrgyzstan. Just making fun of this thread, and this rather ridiculous recent turn in the discussion of Nikita Tryamkin.

Well, I have to say the "joke" alluded me, Part of my problem and I'm not sure it's just me but many posts I just glance without reading. Maybe   you know all the KHL teams, frankly I couldn't name any

11 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I hate explaining a joke, but perhaps I’d better. 

I don’t remember who started the rumour about Tryamkin “bolting to Kyrgyzstan” (I suppose I could scroll back a couple pages and look—which I’ve now done and it was @Kanukfanatic—well played, sir), but there’s obviously no truth to it. Seems like somebody was just having a bit of fun.

Kyrgyzstan doesn’t really have much in the way of professional hockey. At least not at any kind of level that would compare to the KHL. It’s actually one of the poorest countries in Central Asia. As a nation, they don’t even rank on the IIHF top-50 (which would mean they are somewhere behind Kuwait as a world hockey power). So the idea of Tryamkin leaving Russia and “bolting” to Kyrgyzstan just doesn’t make any sense, except as a joke.

Instead of taking the whole thing seriously and pointing out the reasons why Tryamkin going to Kyrgyzstan makes zero sense, I decided to just play along with the joke, and respond in kind.

I made a joke.

It’s quite ludicrous that Tryamkin would leave the KHL to pursue hockey in Kyrgyzstan. So I joked that he left to pursue one of the traditional, and most popular, sports in that region. And a sport that I admittedly find a little bit funny (although with no disrespect meant to the traditions of the people of Kyrgyzstan).

It guess it just makes me giggle to think of Big Nik riding on a horse chasing after a decapitated goat carcass. Maybe that’s just me. Admittedly, I’m a weird guy sometimes. And my sense of humour isn’t for everyone. 

Anyway, I wasn’t trying to make fun of you. I wasn’t trying to make fun of Kyrgyzstan. Just making fun of this thread, and this rather ridiculous recent turn in the discussion of Nikita Tryamkin.

I thought it was obvious I was just kidding around when I put :ph34r: in the same post....but apparently it was not clear to everyone it was a silly joke.

I hope Big Nikita comes back and gives things another shot with the Canucks. Too bad his deal wasn't over this summer, make it even more reason to walk about from Edler if you had Hutton, Nikita and Quinn on the left side

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Well, I have to say the "joke" alluded me, Part of my problem and I'm not sure it's just me but many posts I just glance without reading. Maybe   you know all the KHL teams, frankly I couldn't name any

But I would assume you’d know that none of the KHL teams have a transfer-agreement with any of the headless goat carcass leagues, no?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nzan said:

But I would assume you’d know that none of the KHL teams have a transfer-agreement with any of the headless goat carcass leagues, no?

Well, they don’t have a transfer agreement for hockey players, but I think they might have one involving the animal carcasses. ;) 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I thought it was obvious I was just kidding around when I put :ph34r: in the same post....but apparently it was not clear to everyone it was a silly joke.

No problem, it had a benefit in as much as I searched for a KHL site that has transfer reports, all's well that ends well  ;)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It happens. I’ve had several jokes go right over my head in these threads. Not always easy to tell whether or not a post is serious (even when people post emojis). And when it comes to the Wild West of the KHL, it’s hard to tell sometimes if something is a joke, or just the another example of the laughable reality of that league (case in point, my previous post, where an actual KHL team slaughtered an animal on the ice and attempted to use “blood magic” to gain a competitive advantage).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

So Tyrion Lannister walks into a brothel with honeycomb and a jackass.

The Maddom asks why are you here? Tyrion says because my wife won’t have sex with me.

Why is that? She asks.

Tyrion answers because my wife found a Jeanie in a bottle that grants 3 wishes.

my wifes first wish was for a house that only a queen could live in.

then poof a honeycomb apeared.

my wife’s second wish was to have the greatest ass in all the land.

poof a donkey appeared.

my wife’s third wish was too have a husband with a cock that hung down to his knees.

poof 

the brothel maddom ask so what’s the problem then why won’t your wife have sex with you.

Tyrion Lannister then says because I use to be 6 foot 3.

When one uses that racy term, I thought Thornton's zombie mug appears. Same as the Leipsic thingy, but we'd best save that for another post?