The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

When throwing around salaries and term it's imperative you don't look at the team as a here and now plan. In a couple of years if management is not careful just like TO Vcr will have Cap problems. Pettersson and Hughes are going to need huge salaries. So when you're simply talking FA signing IMO it's better to indulge some of the youngsters now and blood them in their role now so we have some less expensive options in the future. We can't keep going season by season

I tend to agree.  Taking on players who make to high a cap (for longer terms) for what they produce is a killer for a team's depth.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

You don't have any observations, you're just some random trying to sound like a hockey expert on a forum, hiding behind an Internet profile

LOL.  Hello stalker!    :)    

If you want to call anyone on an internet site an "expert", knock yourself out.   You are seemingly obsessed with the observations that I apparently do not have so I suspect that causes great stress for you.

Again, as always, please give me a heads up when this moves to a need for me to get a restraining order.   I will take care of all the paperwork etc so don't worry about a thing, just a heads up would be nice.   

Cheers.   ::D

• Haha 1

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Tell us more about Tryamkins lack of progression.

Sure.    He took quite a step back this past season and does not look like his skating is where it needs to be at as both his rushes and his ability to get back when needed showed sluggishness (he did have a nagging issue apparently so perhaps had a legit excuse).   His underlying stats were, year on year, not as good either but his team was better the prior year.

He remains an intriguing prospect but for someone who will be 25 this coming season, and someone who has not played a minute of an NHL game since he was 22 - that is a critical timeframe in a player's development to not actually develop.     The longer this guy stays away from the NHL the less likely he is able to make the jump back - particularly a jump that has him becoming what some people in this thread seem to believe he already is.    

• Upvote 4

Tryamkin coming back is found money...

If he gets signed in time for the playoffs ...that's a huge bonus...the playoffs are were his size and net clearing ability will be really needed.

What St. Lois did this year ...going from last in the league in jan. to last team standing from the west...just goes to show that anything can happen and size does matter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

So, cliches and common sense.  Great breakdown of his performance.  Thanks

He's a 6'8 defensive defenceman playing on large ice.  How about his gap control, decision making, passing, physicality etc. His rushes up and down the ice?...come on Rob, be better.  

You are just getting annoying with this. It's been an unhealthy obsession for a while and it's turning into something more it seems. Restraining order may be necessary.

Edited by cyoung
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

All good news...

Benning appeared on Sportsnet 650 and shared a handful of updates on his players, per Rick Dhaliwal. Among them:

• He talked to the agent of Nikita Tryamkin and wouldn’t rule out a return for the 6-foot-7 Russian blueliner.
  • The Canucks want Luke Schenn to return. Benning has been keeping in contact with his agent
  • Benning will talk to Loui Eriksson after complaining about his role under head coach Travis Green. Benning said they may discuss the matter this week.
  • Finally, Benning said that contract negotiations with Boeser “have gone in the right direction,” and he denied reports that the two sides were “far apart.”

It was a great interview and reassured me that Benning knows what this team needs.

He was asked if it's possible whether Tryamkin could come back sooner than his existing contract and said no, the NHL respects KHL contracts. But  Benning's voice sure sounded confident and interested when asked if he thinks Tryamkin is a piece of the Canucks future, commenting on how these playoff finals have been hard and physical.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

When's the soonest the Tram can come back to us? Would be pointless to wait till April just to have him play like 3 games and burn a year's contract. Can't we buy out his final year from his Russian team?

Quickly researching this myself, and paste/copying the following info:

[The NHL has a transfer agreement with other European leagues, meaning NHL teams can pay the agreed transfer agreement to get someone out of an existing contract from pretty much all other European leagues.

But the NHL doesn't have a transfer agreement with the KHL, which means NHL teams cannot do anything if the player is under KHL contract and  the player himself will have to buyout his own contract. I believe the buyout is usually 2/3 of the remaining contract value, so that's why this doesn't happen all that much.

Sometimes KHL team and player mutually agree to void a contract, meaning the player gets out of the deal without paying anything ]

To the best of my knowledge the KHL buyout can happen in the off season while under contract,. And while the player, NOT the NHL team must pay,.  I do think the player could be assisted by his Agent to avoid “tampering” by the NHL club.
It is believed Tryamkin is presently playing for less than 1m usd per year in the KHL..  I think anything is possible,. And more so do not think to hear anything about money going to the KHL or to Tryamkins agent from the Canucks. 
As Benning has stated,  he is in contact with his agent..  the rest will work itself out if it can.
Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I mostly agree with @Rob_Zepp on this one. Not learning the NHL game from 22-26 when you could be is not a good thing no matter how spin it. He brings an element that we lack and would likely prove to be valuable, but his absolute ceiling probably isn't as high as it was 4-5 years ago. 

Well like you pointed out he has value and that's his size and he can play with a smaller offensive Dman and we don't have to worry about it. When we do make the playoff's and then size matters,  his value will show even more and he's not a liability on the ice so he's a step forward in just that one aspect alone which unless you count LS if he returns, we are still lacking in grit even with bulldog and our new burrows, past that we don't have much so we're fortunate to get that at D position and hopefully another one but on top pairing but that's pricey..

7 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Can anyone advise what Tryamkins agent said on SNet650 just now? I missed it.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-tryamkin-canucks-could-be-a-partnership-again

Excerpt from the linked article above, quoting Todd Diamond, Tryamkin's agent:

Reached via email, Diamond echoed Benning’s comments.

“I sat down with Jim in Buffalo last week and discussed Nikita’s situation,” he told Postmedia. “There is a lot of time between now and when Nikita would be eligible to sign an SPC (standard player contract). We will be in touch throughout the season and see how things play out.”

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, canuckledraggin said:

That AHL thing just isn't going to happen. He may have been better served by going to Utica for a conditioning stint, but he made huge gains in Vancouver and proved that flying across the continent to work out in a different gym, would have been a waste of time. 

He would have made quicker improvement by going to the AHL, less travel time means more practice and workout time. 

50 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Can anyone advise what Tryamkins agent said on SNet650 just now? I missed it.

I beleive Tryamkin and Granlund both have Diamond as an agent..  this was Dahliwals most recent tweet.

• Upvote 1

All JB has to do is get back to Diamond with a solid offer, he would want TG to be on board, with a large enough signing bonus to cover the contract buyout and very comfortable relocation to Vancouver and then it's all up to Tram.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

So, cliches and common sense.  Great breakdown of his performance.  Thanks

He's a 6'8 defensive defenceman playing on large ice.  How about his gap control, decision making, passing, physicality etc. His rushes up and down the ice?...come on Rob, be better.  

I can point you to a lot of game tape if you like.   Personally, I think he is too slow for the big ice and his game suits North America better but I am not sure his head does.    His passing is mediocre at best and his shot is currently a random act of violence.