The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched Tryamkins game yesterday two beauty hits. Everything else was pretty steady. Teams are ramping up for the playoffs there.

That was very important game for future playoffs since Avto beat at home its most likely opponent in the first round Sibir 3-1. Tryamkin played 22:37 and +2.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

That was very important game for future playoffs since Avto beat at home its most likely opponent in the first round Sibir 3-1. Tryamkin played 22:37 and +2.

Since they lost Kovar number one goalie, I noticed it seems to have pushed the forwards to score more.

I see Tryamkin overlapping more. If their back up goalie can settle down they might have a chance to win a couple. (Which is what I'm not hoping for lol)

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, lukchin said:

Are we sure when Benning said that Tryamkin is on their 'reserve' list that the Canucks can sign and he can play for us this season/post season?

Obviously he’s on our reserve list,” Benning said Thursday morning. “Our pro scouts continue to watch and keep tabs on him. When his season is over and his contract is up, I’ll speak with Todd.”

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-gm-benning-hasnt-ruled-out-possibility-of-tryamkin-rejoining-canucks

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Since they lost Kovar number one goalie, I noticed it seems to have pushed the forwards to score more.

I see Tryamkin overlapping more. If their back up goalie can settle down they might have a chance to win a couple. (Which is what I'm not hoping for lol)

It also appears they are playing Tryamkin bigger minutes down the stretch. I noticed he has surpassed Vasilevskiy for top minutes amongst the defense and this game is about 2.5 minutes above his average TOI.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, theo5789 said:

It also appears they are playing Tryamkin bigger minutes down the stretch. I noticed he has surpassed Vasilevskiy for top minutes amongst the defense and this game is about 2.5 minutes above his average TOI.

Nice to see that when the games get more important, his team relies on Tram to step it up. Hopefully the Canucks will be doing the same with him very soon.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Nice to see that when the games get more important, his team relies on Tram to step it up. Hopefully the Canucks will be doing the same with him very soon.

It's possible that they are managing Vasilevskiy's minutes for the playoffs or maybe he has a minor knock. Either way, it's good to see Tryamkin be able to step into a bigger role and still continue to contribute to the team's success.

It's also possible that with their #1 goalie injured that they are relying more on a strong defensive presence to cover the gap and thus enter Tryamkin. Another positive aspect in case we need to replace Tanev.

• Cheers 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:15 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

How do you watch his games of are they high lights? I'm interested. Is the team Tryampkin on any good?

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

It's possible that they are managing Vasilevskiy's minutes for the playoffs or maybe he has a minor knock. Either way, it's good to see Tryamkin be able to step into a bigger role and still continue to contribute to the team's success.

It's also possible that with their #1 goalie injured that they are relying more on a strong defensive presence to cover the gap and thus enter Tryamkin. Another positive aspect in case we need to replace Tanev.

Tryamkin has been treated a bit differently I think because they knew he'd be transferring out. Like how they rotated him out with an 8 man D roster early in the season. The "C" thing and when they are losing they play him more in close games. Now they must want to win. Because playoffs. But he doesn't look too comfortable rushing into the offensive zone. His regular role has been the defensive defenseman. Actually in that role he looks like a center fielder playing deep, roving in the neutral zone waiting for the opposition counter attacks. 

Even though I think its late in the season for him to change his game I'm glad he's starting to add O zone plays. For when he gets here.

• Cheers 1

Quin Hughes thinks the game at an elite level and has the wheels to do anything he wants to. What he needs is a solid defensive guy to play with. Tanev fits well but lacks the durability to last through the playoffs. This is why I hope they bring back Tryamkin. The big man could be the perfect fit and is built for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, appleboy said:

Quin Hughes thinks the game at an elite level and has the wheels to do anything he wants to. What he needs is a solid defensive guy to play with. Tanev fits well but lacks the durability to last through the playoffs. This is why I hope they bring back Tryamkin. The big man could be the perfect fit and is built for the playoffs. 

just because he is big, doesn't mean he is perfect, Tanev has been the perfect pairing guy for Hughes imo!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bree2 said:

just because he is big, doesn't mean he is perfect, Tanev has been the perfect pairing guy for Hughes imo!

No “big” doesn’t mean he is perfect..  but it’s a better asset to have than not to have, and that durability and prowess is part of the game.  

It’s not in Tanevs toolbox..  And once Hughes and a Tanev are physically targeted in the playoffs you will understand what Hughes’ “perfect” pairing partner lacks imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Do you think Jimbo knows already if Trym will sign or not?,....with TDL tomorrow you would think Jimbo would have made contact with Tryms Agent to find out more about the Tryamkin feeling about signing. IMO  It totally influences if Canucks deals away Stecher....but who knows.

Edited by HockeyHarry

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Do you think Jimbo knows already if Trym will sign or not?,....with TDL tomorrow you would think Jimbo would have made contact with Tryms Agent to find out more about the Tryamkin feeling about signing. IMO  It totally influences if Canucks deals away Stecher....but who knows.

If we knew Tryamkin was coming back it might make us more inclined to trade for an offensive guy like Barrie.

Tryamkin would be a defensive guy in the top 6 we've been missing.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we knew Tryamkin was coming back it might make us more inclined to trade for an offensive guy like Barrie.

Tryamkin would be a defensive guy in the top 6 we've been missing.

There's only so many spots in the lineup. Unless we are trading Tanev as well, there's not spot for both Barrie and Tryamkin.

We don't need Barrie and I hope we don't trade for him.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Harry, I think  Nik is here by the 15th of March.

His agent has stated the contract talks would be short.. and Nik wants to be in the NHL. Benning has stated they are watching Nik weekly, and will talk to his agent at the end of his season.

Personaly I would have liked to have seen Rafferty up for 5 or 6 games already.. I think he could walk on and fit.. possibly making Tanev expendable for a late 1st or 2nd round pick.. or something anyway.

I would rather keep Stetcher whose physical participation keeps him bigger in my books than Tanev.

Add Tryamkin, with Rafferty back and forth as needed keeping ourselves D heavy in the playoffs.. there is some longevity in that.

Tanev is due to get targeted and hurt.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

We have the cap space now due to LTIR and there are no roster limits after the TDL as long as you fit in under the cap. I'm comfortable trading Stecher as I think he's in a replaceable spot, but I'm also comfortable keeping him as depth for a playoff run. I think if the right offer came for Stecher, then I'd take it otherwise let's ensure we have the best team moving forward and make the playoffs and try and go as far as we can.

For the record, I think Benning does know what to expect from Tryamkin's side already. He probably doesn't want to say for sure he will be back and allowing him to focus on his own current playoff run. I think it's pretty telling that he hasn't extended in the KHL already if his goal was to stay there. He could sign with another KHL team, but he specifically went back to his hometown team, so if he was going to move cities anyway, why not give the NHL another go for more money and be in the top league in the world?

• Cheers 2