The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling | D

Grape

Alright.

Hattrick GWG or bust time.

EDIT: Aw okay, I see that the game has already ended in a 3-2 SWE win but Forsling didn't get a hattrick. Bust.

5'1'' and 172 to 175 lbs according to 4 sites, 181 lbs according to Elite prospects.

This makes him a bigger Torey Krug. Or a Tyson Barrie is probably a pretty darn good description.

I agree with a DeNiro post from a game or so ago. He angles guys into the boards and takes them out of the play. Closes on the puck defensively even with guys bearing in. He does not appear a defensive liability watching these games. Not at this level anyway.

And he clearly knows how to get a shot through and handle the puck offensively.

I have not seen him rush the puck yet, but will handle the puck coming out of his end then make an effective first pass.

Exciting!

edit, 5'11'' lol

You can't really compare. The 2014 draft class was largely a crap shoot past the first 10 ish picks.

You grab the players that you think you have the best chance of molding into talent, long term. Sometimes you get lucky and find a Forsling, or Bieksa or in extreme circumstances, you find a Pavel Bure (and start a league wide incident and protest).

So many people on this board overrate the value of draft picks vs guaranteed talent that can play in the NHL.

PS. Forsling has impressed me as well. Looking forward to seeing how he does in camp next year!

I wanted them to draft ondrej kase in the 6th round and vladimir tkachev or sebastion aho in the 7th. Look them up. Much better prospects than pettit and stewart.

Archived