The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling | D

Grape

it all started when a dude asked how a guy with a russian sounding name is swedish and snowballed from there. It was all good fun until the tinhats got in on it.

Yet again -- name-calling to try to cover for your lack of knowledge. Either investigate or let it go. You won't forsake pablum to do the former, so back to Forsling.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that Gus is almost as young as Virtanen. Still just 18 years old and loads of time to develop into a strong PMD. Five points in the SEL so far bodes well for such a young player.

He also plays 18+ minutes consistently (sometimes even 20+) as an 18 year old. That is quite remarkable for a player in the SHL.

Forsling was okay, he had that goal and was set up for the one-timer on the PP but I didn't notice him much. Was too busy cheering for Canada...

Skilled but lacks hockey IQ. He made some pretty poor decisions out there.

Taylor Hall lacks hockey IQ and he went 1st overall, it's all good.

Yeah and Virtanen went 6th overall and he lacks hockey IQ.... (Joke)

Decent instincts, iffy decision making and poise is a bit lacking but overall I'm happy where he is in his development considering reports at the beginning of the season had him not even being a SHL regular. Hearing that he's playing 18+ minutes and producing a bit is very encouraging down the road.

Him making this team means he also has a very good chance to play in his 19 year old year and then we'll see what we have in him.

Archived