The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Gagner for Purcell

I ok. Either way he isn't that good at all.

It was a false tweet fixed minutes later

But there you go again.

He is that good in fact

He is a .70 ppg player under the age of 26 that played on what is probably the WORST team in the league over the last 6 years with 2nd line plugs that make our 4th line look like all stars while making less than $5 million a year. he has had 2 years where he missed some time for injuries but has never missed more than 20 games a season.

Seriously....isn't that good? come on man

Now either Edmonton destroys Leon Draisatil into becoming an average player next season or they go out and sign 1 of Statsny or Richards to a wild contract.

I won't be surprised on July 1st if we hear...

"The Edmonton Oilers have just signed Brad Richards to a 3 year 18 million dollar deal!"

Now either Edmonton destroys Leon Draisatil into becoming an average player next season or they go out and sign 1 of Statsny or Richards to a wild contract.

"The Edmonton Oilers have just signed Brad Richards to a 3 year 18 million dollar deal!"

I can already see leon fading into obscurity. These draft lottery changes cant come soon enough.

I could very easily see that happening actually. I see Richards entering one of the teams that still need a 2a/2b center

Do people not know who Teddy Purcell is? Gagner is a good player, but he is injury prone and might be a 50-60 point guy if he can stay healthy. Purcell has been putting up similar numbers and actually plays full seasons.

Give Draisaitl the 2C spot and acquire a winger for Gagner? Not bad..

Hall-RNH-Eberle

Perron-Draisaitl-Purcell

Trade Yakupov for a defenseman..

This. Oilers may finally be on to something. I'm jealous they picked up Draisaitl...

It seems like a good deal for both teams to me . I dont feel that one team or the other got ripped off . this is what a good deal should look like .. it should address the needs of both teams involved .

I do agree they really need some d in oil land though

Archived