The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transition Year = Develop Players

Jiggs50

I actually don't mind what we have for roster spot battles I think our centers are set with Henrik, Bonino, Matthias, and Richardson. Jensen and Vey will be battling it out for the last slot on the team. Vrbata and Burrows will battle for the spot with the Sedins. Kassian,Vey and Jensen will be in a battle for the 2nd line winger spot beside Bonino and burr or Vrbata.

So... the 2nd line winger spot is the last slot on the team?

So... the 2nd line winger spot is the last slot on the team?

In this case yeah. They are not going to have Jensen and Vey both offensive guys playing a banger roll on the 4th line. They will be in the top 9 or they will be in the AHL. IMO there is 1 roster spot that is up for grabs in the top 9 or one on the 4th line and Hansen plays on the 3rd. That is unless we trade a roster player for picks/prospects.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Jensen-Bonino-Burrows

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen

People on this board have to realize that there will be no player that has been drafted in the last 3 years on the 2014-2015 team

They are going to hone their craft in the 'A' or back to juniors for a couple years longer

(the ones in the 'A' like Jensen and Corrado will be call-ups) and may make 2015-2016 squad

CAUSE THE YOUNG KIDS NEED TIME TO LEARN AND MATURE LIKE THEY DO IN BOSTON AND DETROIT

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino/Vey - Kassian

Higgins - Matthias/Vey - Vey/Matthias

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Sestito/Lain/Archibald ECT

Vey/Matthais/Bonino will fight it out for 2C and 3C and one will play wing (as they have all played some wing in the past)

There's no space for Jensen on the roster as it stands currently. Vey will play on the 3rd with Kassian and Vrbata ahead of him on right wing.

Horvat may push Matthias a little, but I'm fully expecting Matthias to be the 3rd line centre with Richardson as the 4th.

Miller signing still makes no sense to me.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino/Vey - Kassian

Higgins - Matthias/Vey - Vey/Matthias

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Sestito/Lain/Archibald ECT

Vey/Matthais/Bonino will fight it out for 2C and 3C and one will play wing (as they have all played some wing in the past)

Vey is said to be better suited on the wing. No way in hell he plays on the 2nd line though. He didn't exactly bust ahead of Pearson in LA who plays on the 4th.

Lineups are gonna be as followed:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

Burrows-Richardson -Vey

Dorsett-Sestito-Kassian

Jensen

Dman pairings

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Stanton-Edler

Sbisa-Tanev

Goalies

Miller

Lack

With this lineup we will make the playoffs, win the presidents trophy and possibly win the Cup. Me personally I want this team to go back to the Stanley cup finals and Win it all. But it won't be this season. Desjardins is great coach and all but there's always this hype that Vancouver are rebuilding/retooling. I'm just ignoring that garbage because if this team starts winning then all that talk will be trash and can be put out of the window. There are also questionmarks about goaltending as to how Miller will bounce back from a dissapointing playoffs. If we make the playoffs I will be supporting this team every single game. If its a 4 game sweep so be it but with more of a positive culture the motivation for the Canucks gets higher and higher and it'll for them to play for their fans.

Go Canucks Go

Well actually Vrbata is the only old guy added and he is not much older than Kesler.

Vey, Bonino and Dorsett are all under 23.

I do hope Horvat can take a spot away from one of Hansen or Richardson.

Vrbata is over 3 years older than Kesler.

In 2 weeks, Vey will be 23, and the other two are LONG past 23.

How hard is it to lookup simple stats? You come off looking like an unintelligible idiot.

Lineups are gonna be as followed:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

Burrows-Richardson -Vey

Dorsett-Sestito-Kassian

Jensen

Dman pairings

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Stanton-Edler

Sbisa-Tanev

Goalies

Miller

Lack

With this lineup we will make the playoffs, win the presidents trophy and possibly win the Cup. Me personally I want this team to go back to the Stanley cup finals and Win it all. But it won't be this season. Desjardins is great coach and all but there's always this hype that Vancouver are rebuilding/retooling. I'm just ignoring that garbage because if this team starts winning then all that talk will be trash and can be put out of the window. There are also questionmarks about goaltending as to how Miller will bounce back from a dissapointing playoffs. If we make the playoffs I will be supporting this team every single game. If its a 4 game sweep so be it but with more of a positive culture the motivation for the Canucks gets higher and higher and it'll for them to play for their fans.

Go Canucks Go

that's possibly the worst lineup i've ever seen proposed

Yes we should develop players, but that doesn't mean automatic roster spots. You still have to earn your stripes, this is not the Edmonton model.

Playing 18 mins/game in all situations is better than giving them 10 mins of sheltered mins/game

I just want Connor mcdavid

If ownership and management were smart they would look at the excellent forwRd depth and adequate defensive depth we have in our system now and they would just tank for 2 yrs to get mcdavid and a top d man and then the rebuild would be complete

I just want Connor mcdavid

If ownership and management were smart they would look at the excellent forwRd depth and adequate defensive depth we have in our system now and they would just tank for 2 yrs to get mcdavid and a top d man and then the rebuild would be complete

No GTFO....

...hope miller can't take media but play lights out and we trade him at deadline for a pick or two.

Yes, I am hoping this is what Benning has in the back of his mind... but I am worried the Canucks will make the playoffs and screw our chances of drafting well.... big mistake.

Yes, I am hoping this is what Benning has in the back of his mind... but I am worried the Canucks will make the playoffs and screw our chances of drafting well.... big mistake.

This is the most annoying assumption that circulates these boards in my opinion. There is no model or guarantee that by drafting top 5 that you are to be drafting a superstar game changer. It is about drafting well in the position that you draft in. And also a bit of luck of course.

Look at teams like Boston, Anaheim, Montreal, NYR, St. Louis, Philly, Detroit etc. None of these teams have drafted top 5 consistently yet, they are consistently competitive and continue to develop important and good players. Augmented by savvy trades and astute free agent signings, these teams largely competitive without the need to 'TANK'. Largely their first lines are not made up of top 5 draft picks. Top-line players and top 2 defencemen can still be drafted later. Think Lucic, Perry-Getzlaf, Stastny, S. Weber, Subban, Giroux, Datsyuk-Zetterberg etc.

All I ask is please top acting like brats and wishing we would tank. Listen to yourself for a second: "I"m upset because we're not losing enough. This sucks. Boo-hoo, we'll never be elite". Do us all a favour and STFU. It's disrespectful to the players, the owners and the organization and of course the rest of us fans to wish this. High quality players are available at all different stages of the draft, they just need to be developed properly and of course given an opportunity when and once they've deserved it and shown they can compete at this level.

Speaking of which, to myself I don't believe any of our young prospects have earned their summoning to the big club yet. Not one has dominated or done anything substantial at the AHL level (except maybe Vey). Therefore I think they all need additional grooming. I don't believe any of our prospects will make the team next year out of the gate. Horvat may get a look for 9 games and if he's good enough to stick then I'd support that, but the rest will all start down in Utica...as they should. Why and where people see Jensen fitting into this lineup is a mystery to me. Let's see him dominate at the AHL level first (if he can). If a player needs to be parachuted onto the Sedin line to be successful at this level (for all of 4 games), then they don't belong here. Last year was his first year in N. American professional hockey and I wouldn't argue that it was that successful. He needs a full year down there. Plus it would be nice to hear about a line in Utica made up of Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Jensen tearing it up!!

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Mathias/Horvat-Vey

Dorsett-Mathias/Horvat-Hansen

Richardson

Sestito

Call ups:

Jensen

Gaunce

Shink

Fox

Zalewski

Lain

Grenier

Archibald

Vrbata is over 3 years older than Kesler.

In 2 weeks, Vey will be 23, and the other two are LONG past 23.

How hard is it to lookup simple stats? You come off looking like an unintelligible idiot.

That would be unintelligent idiot and oops!

unfortunately for you what you wrote makes you look like one too!

That would be unintelligent idiot and oops!

unfortunately for you what you wrote makes you look like one too!

No, I meant unintelligible. When you post incorrect stats, they're unintelligible.

Read a book, maybe your intelligence will benefit.

Archived